Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

Black Screen after Scenario Loading

Hello everyone!

Simplest way to put it: After I load a scenario in P3D 4.3, everything I believe is loaded properly, but there is just a black screen. After waiting up to 20 minutes it's still just a black screen with aircraft sounds playing behind it. 

Complex if that didn't make sense: P3D V4.3 starts up and loads the main menu normally, but in the aircraft selection menu, there is no spinning preview of the aircraft. After choosing a plane and place and start the flight, the loading bar completes and the flight starts like normal. I can hear the cockpit sounds, and if I press my keys to change views, the sounds change accordingly. Also in the cockpit, the cursor arrow will change if there is a click spot / something to interact with. But theres is just a black screen. 

Things I've tried:

- Waiting. This happens sometimes but after a 30 or so seconds the screen will load. But now after waiting 20 minutes, the black screen still doesn't go away. 

- Deleted the shaders folder.

-Deleted the AppData/Local/ Lockheed Martin folder.

- Deleted the AppData/Roaming/ Lockheed folder. 

- Graphic Drivers are up to date. 

- Restarted PC. 

The last thing I did was update the DA CRJ with SP1, I will uninstall that and see what happens. This is happening with all aircraft (default and addon) and at all locations. I have an i7 7700K and a GTX 1070 w/ 8GB RAM, this happened out of the blue. 

Thank you!

Dmitri. 

Thank you the support! What I did was go into PTA and clear the shaders cache and all is back to normal. 

I know this is an old post but I figured I would chime in as I just had the same thing happen. If you have multiple displays,check to see if it loaded the scenario onto a display other than the one you expected. Sometimes I only turn one display on depending on the plane I'm flying. I turned on the other one just for the heck of it an lo 'N Behold. There she was.