mobiel

Ai Traffic and NDB Approach

Hello,

today I made a NDB Approach in LOWS on RWY 33.

An AI traffic also get the advise for a NDB Approach on 33 but when ATC gives clearence to Ai Aircraft the AI did not response to ATC so its IFR Flightplan was cancelled and AI did not land and keeps heading.

Is there any chance to correct this issue?

27 minutes ago, mobiel said:

Hello,

today I made a NDB Approach in LOWS on RWY 33.

An AI traffic also get the advise for a NDB Approach on 33 but when ATC gives clearence to Ai Aircraft the AI did not response to ATC so its IFR Flightplan was cancelled and AI did not land and keeps heading.

Is there any chance to correct this issue?

Some AI planes don’t have radio section in the aircraft.cfg, so they don’t respond to ATC and keep flying until they are out of the traffic bubble. And it has nothing to do with the NDB approach. I use my traffic 6 and many planes don’t have the radio section and I had to manually add them to fix the problem. If you happen to remmeber the ai’s plane type, check the cfg file.

What version of P3D? This sounds like a 4.2 problem which was addressed in 4,3,,,

AI traffic won't fly your typical NDB approach, they don't know about terrain clearance, step downs or minimum IFR altitudes. 

The AI doesn't have any clue or understanding about IFR cancellation or termination of any ATC services etc. The AI engine in the sim (FS9 right to the current P3d is essentially unchanged) was never meant to simulate the traffic that we try and throw at it let alone any sort of proper IFR procedures or separation.