Sign in to follow this  
Bertels Michiel

ATC ADDON

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried Vox atc too. I couldn't get past the sound of the voices, and the way the program manipulates them.It sounds like little snippets of each  word, glued together, but the sections are sometimes not played to the very end of the sound, which produces a very "choppy" sound. I get the sensation that I am flying in a helicopter, with a very out of balance main rotor blade causing a very "shaky" audio sound. You can hear what I am talking about by playing a couple of these sound samples that they recommend. http://voxatc.com/Voice.aspx/VoxPop

I'm not disagreeing with you. The VoxPop synthesized voices are pretty old. I think you'll find that most VOXATC users use the built-in Win10 voices (both default and hidden) and 3rd party add-on voices, if they like to throw money around. Windows speech recognition and speech synthesis just keeps getting better because Microsoft is on the forefront that technology. The Win 10 voices sound much better than the snippet voices used in other ATC add-ons, except Pilot2ATC, which also uses synthetic voices. And the synthetic voices don't require constant tinkering when the telephony changes for each new aircraft, call sign, airline, navaid and airport. To me there's nothing worse than the fake ATC chatter that keeps repeating the same dumb sentences in foreign accents that are out of place geographically.

Edited by jabloomf1230

14 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

Not true.Voxatc is not the only one. Pilot2atc does that as well.

Yes you're right....but not in the way I mean it.

I made the same flight with both programs: IFR San Diego Intl (KSAN) to Palm Springs Intl (KPSP).

-The current P2Atc version2 does take relief into account when creating the FP. In addition it imposes to declare an approach that will give (it goes without saying) the right way to the right altitude. It's working, fine...

-VoxAtc however, gave me a visual approach by vector (R13L) taking into account the relief (it gave me the altitudes and the heading just at the right time). In clear Vox "sees" the relief in real time, not P2Atc.

For me it makes all the difference as for the feeling...(In real, Atc give very often vector approaches...)

That's what I meant in the post you quoted "...VoxAtc is the only one which takes into account the relief (mountains) and fly a vectorized approach..." I admit my sentence might not be very explicit 😉

I have VoxAtc, PF3+MCE and P2Atc. Although all three are excellent programs, but I mostly use PF3 or Vox...depending on the mood and type of flight.

Regards,

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|