Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

User Waypoints Lost in existing Flight Plan

Little NavMap version: 2.0.3

I am not sure why this happened but I have a saved flight plan with User Waypoints that I have used many times and it was always depicted correctly in Little NavMap but now the User Waypoints are gone. Fortunately I was able to go into my saved flight plans in EFB2, retrieved the plan and saved it to my P3D Files folder, then brought it into Little NavMap.

So - besides wondering how this could happen, what is more an important question for me is - Does Little NavMap retain User Waypoints and if so how can they be viewed or accessed? It would be nice if there was a menu item for User Waypoints (maybe there is and I am missing it)

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Hi Dane, I have found that all my addon airport data once loaded into LNM is stored in the following folder:

C:\Users\Anton\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db

This I keep a backup of and if anything goes wrong with an upgrade I restore from this folder and all is well.

Hope this helps (in the future at least).

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

3 hours ago, antonvs said:

Hi Dane, I have found that all my addon airport data once loaded into LNM is stored in the following folder:

C:\Users\Anton\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db

This I keep a backup of and if anything goes wrong with an upgrade I restore from this folder and all is well.

Hope this helps (in the future at least).

Thanks Anton for your feedback,

I checked that out and I see that the folder seems to be all the database files (sqlite files)

I would still like to be able to view via a menu item any User Waypoints that have been created, just as one can view flight plans, etc.

• Like 1

Regards, Dane

Hi Dane,

user defined waypoints can be created. See here: https://albar965.gitbooks.io/little-navmap-user-manual/content/en/USERPOINT.html
You can add these to the flight plan too.

I got reports of P3D not loading the waypoints (only start and destination) of flight plans that looked perfectly OK to me. Maybe you ran into thins problem.

Alex

2 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi Dane,

user defined waypoints can be created. See here: https://albar965.gitbooks.io/little-navmap-user-manual/content/en/USERPOINT.html
You can add these to the flight plan too.

I got reports of P3D not loading the waypoints (only start and destination) of flight plans that looked perfectly OK to me. Maybe you ran into thins problem.

Alex

Once again thanks Alex.

This was my brain freeze in not realizing that User Waypoints are indicated in the normal way of seraching just like searching for airports <ALT 1>. I now feel foolish as you already provide a means to find waypoints.

However, what I do not understand is why the two waypoints that were for sure in my previously saved flight plan all of a sudden were not there - and they were also not in the <ALT 1> search menu either. However like I said I was able to retrieve them from my saved EFB2 flight plan and copy that data over into LNM.

Regards, Dane

Hi Dane,

no need to feel foolish. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

Can you send me the LNM flight plan file which is not loaded by P3D? I'd like to have a look at it.

Alex

• Like 1

2 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi Dane,

no need to feel foolish. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

Can you send me the LNM flight plan file which is not loaded by P3D? I'd like to have a look at it.

Alex

I would if I could but I can't. Because I deleted the plan and created a new one with the same waypoints.

It is not so much that it was not loaded by P3D it is that when I loaded it into  LNM the waypoints were not there and they were not in the Waypoints Search <ALT 1> menu.

If it happens again I will send you the file.

Regards, Dane

Here's an example.  The waypoint PO638 does not show when I load this plan to P3Dv4.  However, PO638 is in the P3D flight planner (I use FsAerodata) and I can add it manually.  So, I only see the origin and destination airports unless I add back the waypoints within P3D.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <!-- LNMDATA
         _lnm=Created by Little Navmap Version 2.0.3 (revision 48a89ea) on 2018 08 10T12:14:03|
         cycle=1808|
         navdata=NAVIGRAPH|
         simdata=P3DV4|
         speed=120.0000
-->
    <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>SLSU to SLPO</Title>
        <FPType>IFR</FPType>
        <CruisingAlt>18000</CruisingAlt>
        <DepartureID>SLSU</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>S19° 0' 30.75",W65° 17' 39.41",+000000.00</DepartureLLA>
        <DestinationID>SLPO</DestinationID>
        <DestinationLLA>S19° 32' 32.22",W65° 43' 23.95",+012923.00</DestinationLLA>
        <Descr>SLSU, SLPO</Descr>
        <DeparturePosition>PARKING 8</DeparturePosition>
        <DepartureName>Juana Azurduy De Padilla</DepartureName>
        <DestinationName>Capt Nicolas Rojas</DestinationName>
        <AppVersion>
            <AppVersionMajor>10</AppVersionMajor>
            <AppVersionBuild>61472</AppVersionBuild>
        </AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id="SLSU">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>S19° 0' 30.73",W65° 17' 39.41",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>SLSU</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="PO638">
            <ATCWaypointType>Intersection</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>S19° 19' 47.30",W65° 35' 42.03",+000000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAORegion>SL</ICAORegion>
                <ICAOIdent>PO638</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="SLPO">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>S19° 32' 32.21",W65° 43' 23.95",+012923.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>SLPO</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
    </FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
</SimBase.Document>

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Rick,

thank you for the plan. FSX SE loads this without problems.

This is a P3D issue IMO which appeared in v4 first. You can try to load it twice or load it after starting the flight.

These are two threads in the P3D forum about these problems: Loading Flight plans and Saved Flight Plans not working.

v3 already caused some strange issues and overwrote plans when loading them.:mellow:

Alex

Thanks Alex, I will try loading twice (loading after starting the flight doesn't appear to do it and will check out those threads that you noted - Rick

PS  I just tried loading twice and that seems to do the trick!

Edited by ricka47

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale