Sign in to follow this  

Want a smooth and blurry free flight with extremely dense scenery?

Orbx TrueEarth Netherlands in Aerofly FS 2. Quote from the creator: "The only stutters you'll see in this video are lags caused by the video recording program, not in the sim itself.  Even more remarkable is that this video was captured in 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels).  Computer is an i7 4790K at 4.5GHz and a GTX1080 video card." Now I don't know it it's entirely true about the stutters, because AFS2 can have an occasional stutter when it is loading (far away) buildings, but I do know I can't get this done in any other civil flight sim. Not even close.

The video is one big impressive ride but you might for instance skip to 8:00 for some impressive low flying.

Edited by Guest

I don't think anyone doubts that this sandbox sim can process scenery better.  But it is still a sandbox sim - I need way more than to be impressed.

Cool experience flying like that in VR though

Oh Vulkan Vulkan you are going to make us flight simmers so happy!!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Well, we keep hearing how Aerofly will slow down. First it was with more complex aircraft. They now have the dash 8 on there. Not fully complex but certainly more demanding than the other stock aircraft. No slow downs.

Then we heard how full scenery packages would slow the performance down. Nope that hasn’t changed things either. 

Now it’s weather and ai will slow it down. Maybe......maybe not. So far the evidence is that this engine keeps on going no matter what gets thrown at it.

it will be quite something if ipacs can deliver a weather API which will interface with an addon engine like as or opus etc. 

Then if we can get some ai ability and addon aircraft being developed for it.....man, the future of this sim could be incredible. Imho, if it’s handled the right way it has the potential to be bigger and better than p3d or xplane

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

But it is still a sandbox sim - I need way more than to be impressed.

Yes, but there are a LOT of flightsimmers who mainly fly for the scenery: they should love this. Specially if they are used to FSX/P3D. But as Glenn said I am sure performance will stay a lot better even with deeper systems, ATC, weather, etc. How much better is impossible to say. And btw the sim isn't as 'sandbox' as it was. Things are progressing and, again as Glenn said, without any impact on performance. Flying the Aerofly FS 2 Q400 with the Majestic Q400 checklist, starting from cold and dark, is a real joy.

But anyway, anyone who likes extremely dense scenery should give AFS2+TrueEarth a try! If only just to experience some smooth flying every now and then. ;)

That looks sensational! However, for the reasons already stated above I'm reluctant to get Aerofly 2. But I'll definitely keep an eye out for this sim. If the flight models are improved and a form of ATC is introduced I'm in 😊

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

49 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

That looks sensational! However, for the reasons already stated above I'm reluctant to get Aerofly 2. But I'll definitely keep an eye out for this sim. If the flight models are improved and a form of ATC is introduced I'm in 😊

It sure is a sim to keep an eye on! I can fully understand why some (or a lot) of simmers hesitate to get it and like to wait for (quite) a few things to be added but well, installing AFS2 won't automatically uninstall P3D or XP or any other sim! 😎 AFS2 won't give you the full experience you may want but it's great for a butter smooth flight every now and then! And if you long for ATC, weather, study level planes, whatever, you can fire up P3D once more or whatever sim you prefer. They won't bite each other. 😉

I mean, seriously, imho AFS2 together with TrueEarth will be worth the money alone just to experience smooth performance with extremely dense scenery every now and then! In P3D I could only fly the default Maule above TrueEarth and with a limit of 24 fps or things would go bad! So I can't wait to fly the pretty cool Q400 above the Netherlands with a rock steady >100 fps!

Anyway, you get my point: AFS2 will not give you everything you want but what it gives is worth the money already imho. 😉 It's a great addition to what you may have already. (In my case it's the only sim I have installed right now for various reasons.) But well, whatever you do: keep an eye on it indeed!

Edited by Guest

Just imagine this with flytampa EHAM as well and maybe the q400 upto Majestic levels? 

Then add some weather......just wow.

11 hours ago, GHarrall said:

Just imagine this with flytampa EHAM as well and maybe the q400 upto Majestic levels? 

Then add some weather......just wow.

Can't wait for it!!! Unfortunately we have to. 🙄 Quite a few years too, I am afraid... Luckily AFS2 offers enough to keep me entertained for quite some time already. And TrueEarth Netherlands will add quite some time to that! 😉

Edited by Guest