Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

FLAI compatible

Hi Nico

With the recent release of FLAI which has now replaced BVAI files how do I get psxseecon to see the and use the FLAI traffic as BVAI is no longer on my system yet it keeps trying to read that file. Although Realtraffic shows traffic your program does not and I end up at empty airports and sim.

Can you please help Nico. Im using P3d v4.3 and updated BVAI which is now FLAI beta 10 released 29th July.

Thanks

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

It is the first time I hear about FLAI. I will change my package such that it will work with FLAI instead of BVAI.

In the mean time you can do the following to make it work:

• Download and install my AILGenerator program.
  • Put the full path to the folder with your FLAI aircraft in AILGenerator and run it by pushing the Go button.
  • Change the AI_Liveries parameter in PSXseeconTraffic such that it points to the AILGenerator folder.

That's all

Nico

Edited by kiek

I have the same issue, just installed but it uses FLAI instead.  P3dV4 asked me to activate the new ones, and i did, but when starting PSXsktr, i get message 81, too many liveries could not be built ... as i am not so skilled in adapting folders, i choose to wait for the adaptation that Kiek will do... any idea when ? 

Edited by Pluto7777

50 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

. any idea when ? 

My software is ready but I'm waiting for VATSIM to correct a download link for the liveries for P3Dv4...

Edited by kiek

21 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi Duncan,

It is the first time I hear about FLAI. I will change my package such that it will work with FLAI instead of BVAI.

In the mean time you can do the following to make it work:

• Download and install my AILGenerator program.
  • Put the full path to the folder with your FLAI aircraft in AILGenerator and run it by pushing the Go button.
  • Change the AI_Liveries parameter in PSXseeconTraffic such that it points to the AILGenerator folder.

That's all

Nico

Nico,

PLEASE don't do as you suggest to make PSXseecontraffic "...work with FLAI instead of BVAI." I for one will not be updating BVAI until sure FLAI is in stable release, as I've made MANY time-comsuming fixes to the BVAI liveries and aircraft.cfg to correct errors.

I would hope it's possible to make it so one can either use BVAI, or FLAI?

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

31 minutes ago, somiller said:

Nico,

PLEASE don't do as you suggest to make PSXseecontraffic "...work with FLAI instead of BVAI." I for one will not be updating BVAI until sure FLAI is in stable release, as I've made MANY time-comsuming fixes to the BVAI liveries and aircraft.cfg to correct errors.

I would hope it's possible to make it so one can either use BVAI, or FLAI?

Kind Regards,

BVAI is no longer available, so I have to update to FLAi....(for my new users).

Nico,

I am assuming when you say update to FLAI, you mean you will be changing to FLAI for the default AI_Liveries.txt files. If that's the case, obviously it is not an issue for me, as I create a custom AI_Liveries.txt using AIGenerator.

So it's not that BVAI can't continue to be used, you will just not be supplying AI_Liveries.txt for BVAI any longer...is that correct?

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

I got a message from FLAI that their AI's ONLY will show up when using VATSIM ? So in that case, not when i am doing a flight on my own without vatsim ? A year ago that was no problem with my P3Dv3 and PSX seekontraffic/ Realtraffic... If free AI traffic forms an issue now, then i go for payed AI's   - wich do you prefer ?  UTL ?

Edited by Pluto7777

34 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

I got a message from FLAI that their AI's ONLY will show up when using VATSIM ? 

No, that's not true. They will show up with PSXseeconTraffic too.

Version 11.0 with FLAi support is now available.

Nico

Nico,

Have you run AIGenerator on the FLAi liveries? I'm curious whether they've fixed the many problems with aircraft.cfg and liveries. With the latest version of BVAi, I had to correct many problems that caused errors when running AIGenerator, and I really don't want to have to do it again. I encountered many invalid airline codes, atc model codes, and atc parking codes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

31 minutes ago, somiller said:

Have you run AIGenerator on the FLAi liveries? I'm curious whether they've fixed the many problems with aircraft.cfg and liveries. With the latest version of BVAi, I had to correct many problems that caused errors when running AIGenerator, and I really don't want to have to do it again. I encountered many invalid airline codes, atc model codes, and atc parking codes.

Of course, I provide the AI_liveries.txt for FLAi in PSXseeconTraffic v11.0.

It has improved a bit, but there are still errors, here is part of the log file:

folder0=E:\FLAi\SimObjects\Airplanes

Searching in E:\FLAi\SimObjects\Airplanes
=> 1611 liveries found.

Total valid found: 1611

Invalid airline codes: 89
Invalid type codes: 9
Fixed type codes: 1
Empty aircraft.cfg: 0
Invalid aircraft.cfg: 1
% without registration code: 96

1623 liveries written to AI_liveries.txt

Unique airlines: 355
Unique types   : 83
Cargo types added: 12
Added types are: B74F, MD1F

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

49 minutes ago, somiller said:

and I really don't want to have to do it again.

Hi Steven,

It is not difficult to stick with your BVAI set. Just create the AI_liveries.txt with AILGenerator and change the AI_liveries parameter in the PSXseeconTraffic interface to point to the AILGenerator folder or to any folder where you have put your AI_liveries.txt file (but not in the FLAi or BVAI... folders).

Regards,

Nico

3 hours ago, kiek said:

Of course, I provide the AI_liveries.txt for FLAi in PSXseeconTraffic v11.0.

It has improved a bit, but there are still errors, here is part of the log file:

folder0=E:\FLAi\SimObjects\Airplanes

Searching in E:\FLAi\SimObjects\Airplanes
=> 1611 liveries found.

Total valid found: 1611

Invalid airline codes: 89
Invalid type codes: 9
Fixed type codes: 1
Empty aircraft.cfg: 0
Invalid aircraft.cfg: 1
% without registration code: 96

1623 liveries written to AI_liveries.txt

Unique airlines: 355
Unique types   : 83
Cargo types added: 12
Added types are: B74F, MD1F

Regards,

Nico

Nico,

That actually looks pretty good. The invalid type codes are few, and would be easy to fix fairly quickly. I assume the invalid airline codes are mostly those liveries with the code "ZZZZ", is that what you found?

Example from my "InvalidAirlineCodes.txt":

ZZZZ        C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\BVIA\SimObjects\Airplanes\BVA_A321\aircraft.cfg [fltsim.0]

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

27 minutes ago, somiller said:

I assume the invalid airline codes are mostly those liveries with the code "ZZZZ", is that what you found?

Indeed

40 minutes ago, kiek said:

Indeed

I have similar error codes as you have reported.  Is it necessary or recommended to correct these errors?

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam