Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Amount of VAS usage by GSX from FSdreamteam?

See topic pretty much.

Any idea how much VAS GSX uses? Anyone ever try comparisons at a nice airport with and without GSX running?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by VeryBumpy
spelling

I do know there were tests done on Autogen and that is sort of similar.  When P3DV1 came out I would run a flight from Richmond VA to Wash DC in an F35.  Maxed autogen and I would run out of VAS by the time I arrived at DC.  Turned off Autogen and no problems.  This has since been fixed so the Autogen testing is obsolete and no longer valid.  I suspect you could uninstall GSX and fly a route and have the FSUIPC log the VAS usage during the flight (see page 17, AVSIM CTD Guide on how to set FSUIPC up).  Save the fsuipc.log.  Then install GSX and run it at the beginning of the flight with passengers boarding and baggage loading.  Fly the route and run GSX at the end to deboard passengers and unload the baggage.  Save fsuipc.log and compare it with the one w/o GSX.  If you properly set up the FSUIPC utility (payware/freeware version), the logs will display the amount of VAS constantly during the flight but it won't show you what it was doing when the VAS usage was being recorded.  I suppose you could also monitor the beginning of the flight once without GSX and once with GSX and compare the startups too.  It takes some time though for things to load on some PC's so I would wait 10-15 minutes and then shutdown FSX or P3Dv3 or earlier, then install GSX and do the same but this time run the boarding option but close it down in the same amount of time.

I seriously doubt the VAS usage while running GSX would show any significant amount of VAS usage and, in fact, probably show better results than a sim w/o GSX.  The FSDT Development Team did an excellent job IMHO.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

9 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

See topic pretty much.

Any idea how much VAS GSX uses? Anyone ever try comparisons at a nice airport with and without GSX running?

Thanks in advance.

It uses very little, actually almost not even measurable. Using the FSUIPC VAS counter parked at a gate with GSX running baggage carts, etc., and then canceling the GSX services to vanish the baggage cart and stuff, yielded pretty much no difference in VAS measurement.

The effect of GSX on VAS or FPS is pretty much unnoticeable as there’s not really much going on and is only active once your at an airport and start turning on services.

Just curious as to why you're asking? Have you had VAS issues?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well I bought GSX and VAS is not affected much so far but I haven't stressed out things yet much.

What I do find annoying are the vehicles clipping into each other. The fuel truck parks right in the center of the plane. Baggage trucks run through the bag belt trucks too.

The plane I'm using is Captain Sim 727 which has a built in profile too.

7 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

Well I bought GSX and VAS is not affected much so far but I haven't stressed out things yet much.

You wont be able to cause an OOM by using GSX, but you could cause an OOM by maxing other settings out.

7 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

What I do find annoying are the vehicles clipping into each other. The fuel truck parks right in the center of the plane. Baggage trucks run through the bag belt trucks too.

The plane I'm using is Captain Sim 727 which has a built in profile too.

Somethings not right then. Perhaps you should open a topic in the GSX forum at their site.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi VB; 

I also had a similar issue with my Quality Wings 757 and it took me "the devils own job" to find the correct profile to fit with the GSX. Someone on the GSX forum sent me a profile which I had to modify to get it to work. The man unloading the baggage would end up in my aircraft instead of outside because the belt went into the aircraft and the fuel truck same as yours😬.

Basically it's the profile setting which you need to play around with. Someone on the Captain Sim 727 and or the GSX Forums with a similar issues may be able to help by sharing their configuration numbers. Everything worked great out the box with my PMDG 747-400/777/737 and iFLY 747-400 since they are both popular aircrafts.

Check this site if you haven't already. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6444.0

Good luck.

Forshaw.