Sign in to follow this  
mo1smek

Prepar3D v4.3 crashes after choosing the airport

Hey folks,

I have recently Updated my Prepar from 4.2 to 4.3.

First of all i have updated the Install_Client.msi. After that the problem came up. So i updated Intall_Content.msi and Intall_Scenery.msi as well, but the problem still occurs.

I also made a Viedo to show the problem easier.

Before updating to v4.3, did you uninstall Prepar3DV4 Professional (or Academic) Client?  This is required.  If you updated the scenery to v4.3 (which was not required), you must also uninstall Prepar3D Scenery in your add/remove program and then install v4.3.  More information in the following topic -

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your quik reply,

I made step for step, i deintalled Prepar3D v4.2 Academic Client, installed the v4.3. As you sad just the Client was required. I tried it out and it came as described above.

After a lot of Prepar-Forums search, i tried things that other users discripet. Like deleting the scnery.cfg ... . Prepar3D.cfg ... . Delete generated files... .

How its shown up in the add/remove Program

https://prnt.sc/kk479b

Unfortunately, the image of your installed programs is not sorted by program name, so there is no way to verify if you have additional installs of P3Dv4 still on your pc.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

When P3D first launches, the dll.xml's (there are possibly two of them based on what addons you have installed, one in the same folder as the p3d.cfg - old default; and one in the same folder as the scenery.cfg - new default).  The dll.xml loads modules that are needed (not always) to run addon's.  P3D should run perfectly without any addons but I see you have at least one addon installed - EDDM.  So I would look in the two folders mention above and rename the dll.xml to dll.off or dll.xml.off.  This means the dll.xml will not load any modules.  Launch P3D again and see if this fixes the problem.  If so, your problem is being caused by an addon that is not working properly and a module in the dll.xml is corrupted, missing, or not working properly.

You can get further information, plus images, on how to troubleshoot your crashes in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, beechcaptain said:

Unfortunately, the image of your installed programs is not sorted by program name, so there is no way to verify if you have additional installs of P3Dv4 still on your pc

I sortet it by the name and there are no other installs on my PC.

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

When P3D first launches, the dll.xml's (there are possibly two of them based on what addons you have installed, one in the same folder as the p3d.cfg - old default; and one in the same folder as the scenery.cfg - new default).  The dll.xml loads modules that are needed (not always) to run addon's.  P3D should run perfectly without any addons but I see you have at least one addon installed - EDDM.  So I would look in the two folders mention above and rename the dll.xml to dll.off or dll.xml.off.  This means the dll.xml will not load any modules.  Launch P3D again and see if this fixes the problem.  If so, your problem is being caused by an addon that is not working properly and a module in the dll.xml is corrupted, missing, or not working properly.

You can get further information, plus images, on how to troubleshoot your crashes in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Thanks for your detailed answer,

I made your steps, but sadly the same problem comes up.

It will be really nerv-racking to reinstall the hole Simulator because of an Update.

11 minutes ago, mo1smek said:

It will be really nerv-racking to reinstall the hole Simulator because of an Update.

Again, you cannot install the V4.3 over a v4.2 installation.  You have to uninstall the client, then install v4.3 client.  This is the case for all updates.  If you have done that (and it is a super fast and easy process) then you have only one choice left and that's to uninstall and then install v4.3.

Submit News to AVSIM

I would remove P3D from your PC then download the full P3Dv4.3, up to now I only removed the client and installed the new client but for 4.3 I did a full install, as don't think we will be getting any more before V5.

PS I know it`s a pain having to reinstall all your addons it took my all morning for ORBX on fast cable connection and added my airports two at time tested then some more over 80 airports, but it was worth it.

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 8/19/2018 at 12:26 AM, Jim Young said:

Again, you cannot install the V4.3 over a v4.2 installation.  You have to uninstall the client, then install v4.3 client.  This is the case for all updates.  If you have done that (and it is a super fast and easy process) then you have only one choice left and that's to uninstall and then install v4.3.

I deinstalled V4.2Client and installed 4.3. I didnt make any "doople-intallation". And the problem wont disaper. After a long reinstalling night Prepar is running smoth on v4.3. Sorry for all other guys who got the same problem and searching for the fix -_-.

Thank´s for all those fast replys

I would suggest something else separate from the installation of P3DV4.3 was causing your crashes.  You had v4.2 installed so means you probably had old aircraft, scenery installed which does not have to be uninstalled but, for instance, the FSUIPC utility needs to be updated for v4.3 and, if you did not update it, the old version was loading and your sim crashed.  Like Raymond said above, it is sometimes better to just reinstall everything when you run into problems with P3D.  For me, I use the AVSIM CTD Guide which, on page 10, tells me how to fix almost every crash with P3DV4.3.  I know that following the guide, I have a 99.9% chance of fixing the problem but sometimes it is a bad overclock or my settings are too high or incompatible.  Anyway, glad you got it fixed.

Submit News to AVSIM