Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Drzewiecki Seattle?

16 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

What's the difference between 'Ground Real Photo ON or OFF?

It turns on/off the photoreal scenery that comes with the city/airports.

2 hours ago, Jovabra said:

Scenery is ok but you have a take-off warning due to problems with the ZIBO 737 spoiler/speedbrake handle.
Unable to keep the handle in the correct position. Glad 😞 to hear that i'm not the only one with this annoying
problem.
Regards -  Jo va Bra

It's a very promising 737, but it's definitely a work in progress.  Also, hen I disengaged AP on approach, there was a strong upward pitch.   

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

A thing I noticed - at first their installer placed the city scenery over my 'Boeing Country' airports and, of course, they weren't there.  After resetting the airports above Seattle city and departing northbound off SeaTac, the city is enveloped with a hazy mist which fades as you get closer.  Visibility is set at 60 but the majority of the city isn't clear 'til passing Boeing Field - weird.

5 hours ago, hmn434 said:

It turns on/off the photoreal scenery that comes with the city/airports.

I really like that answer ☺️

24 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

I really like that answer ☺️

Haha, it's a simple answer but probably not too helpful. The option turns on DD's own photographic scenery for the area (in case you don't know- it's ground textures derived from 'satellite' photos.). This option should be used if you want to see this photographic ('ortho') scenery and don't have your own installed. If you have ortho scenery that you either downloaded from elsewhere or generated yourself using ortho4xp, you don't need to check this option. 

As for your scenery conflict issue, can you post a screenshot? By 'haze' do you mean actual atmospheric haze, or are the buildings simply not rendering far away? I'd recommend completely disabling your Boeing Country scenery package (and any other scenery or mesh in the area) to make sure it's a conflict issue and not an issue with DD's Seattle City scenery itself. 

Edited by hmn434

8 hours ago, hmn434 said:

Haha, it's a simple answer but probably not too helpful. The option turns on DD's own photographic scenery for the area (in case you don't know- it's ground textures derived from 'satellite' photos.). This option should be used if you want to see this photographic ('ortho') scenery and don't have your own installed. If you have ortho scenery that you either downloaded from elsewhere or generated yourself using ortho4xp, you don't need to check this option. 

How does the Seattle (city only, not airports) look, if you turn off the DD ortho overlay and you don't use other ortho scenery, just default terrain?

In other words, does the DD Seattle scenery require an ortho overlay to look good, or does it work okay on default scenery?

I assume that should work, but want to check before buying it, because I only use default landclass, no orthos. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

21 hours ago, hmn434 said:

As for your scenery conflict issue, can you post a screenshot? By 'haze' do you mean actual atmospheric haze, or are the buildings simply not rendering far away? I'd recommend completely disabling your Boeing Country scenery package (and any other scenery or mesh in the area) to make sure it's a conflict issue and not an issue with DD's Seattle City scenery itself. 

Found the problem.  Nothing to do with "Seattle" - one of my super trick Lua scripts was fighting UWXP.  Removal was the cure.

13 hours ago, Paraffin said:

How does the Seattle (city only, not airports) look, if you turn off the DD ortho overlay and you don't use other ortho scenery, just default terrain?

In other words, does the DD Seattle scenery require an ortho overlay to look good, or does it work okay on default scenery?

I assume that should work, but want to check before buying it, because I only use default landclass, no orthos. 

During installation, there's an ON/OFF option for their Ortho and the ON appears better.  Here's one with their Ortho ON.

dzsea.jpg

Edited by olderndirt

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

During installation, there's an ON/OFF option for their Ortho and the ON appears better.  Here's one with their Ortho ON.

dzsea.jpg

Thanks for the image.

I dunno... that looks like it might have the kinds of artifacts that bug me with orthos, like "smashed" cars in parking lots. I'll probably get it anyway even if default terrain doesn't mesh as well, for the better building models.

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

Thanks for the image.

I dunno... that looks like it might have the kinds of artifacts that bug me with orthos, like "smashed" cars in parking lots. I'll probably get it anyway even if default terrain doesn't mesh as well, for the better building models.

It's the best Seattle I've seen and I'll probably turn the Ortho OFF.  The closer you get the worse it looks.  Update - turned their Ortho off and default is pretty puny.  A funny thing, where a large chunk of the downtown Interstate is missing in default it's also missing in their Ortho (same chunk).  

Edited by olderndirt

That "missing" chunk of I-5 in the downtown core is probably where the Interstate Hwy goes down into a roughly 2,000 ft. long tunnel. Especially if the ortho is showing a lot of green vegetation on top.

Understandable for the orthophoto, and I guess the current OSM autogen isn't set up to model tunnels (yet).

Edited by Paraffin

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

That "missing" chunk of I-5 in the downtown core is probably where the Interstate Hwy goes down into a roughly 2,000 ft. long tunnel. Especially if the ortho is showing a lot of green vegetation on top.

Understandable for the orthophoto, and I guess the current OSM autogen isn't set up to model tunnels (yet).

Absolutely correct, the convention center sits on top - from Union St to Pike St so they were pretty close.

It´s on a sale now at the Org. City and airports.