Sign in to follow this  
gaputz

Batch Processor Tool for DDS Converstion to BMP

A tool to brighten the day for everyone in the FS9 community who feels plagued by the effort involved in converting DDS textures to bitmap format for use in FS9.  Installing new AI traffic textures is not such an onerous task with this tool.  Go over to the AIG forum where the tool and explanation is available at this thread. I've tried it and in my opinion this is simply a fantastic tool.  Well done "Turbine Captain".

Greg

• Like 1

You are welcome. 

As an aside David Rawlins has released a FSX version of his Boeing 737 MAX 8 and cooperated with its adaptation to P3Dv4.  Most of the "painters" I call the gurus have gone to the so-called HD format so they initially ignored David's FS9 MAX and paintkit,  With the release of the AIA MAX 8 for P3Dv4 the doors have been swung open for more texture sets (reference Juergen's Paint hangar) so this new tool will be useful to update our FS9 traffic fleets with the MAX model and textures not otherwise available. Lets not forget to support and thank the painters (such as Fumitaka Hayashi  and John Tennet) who have and continue to produced textures directly for the FS9, which are available here in the library.  

Again, a big thanks to David Rawlins for the MAX model and "Turbine Captain" for his great tool that will make it easier for us to keep our traffic up to date! 

Greg

• Upvote 1

A year ago I was afraid that the end of Fs9 was near. All the FSP-models coming out, the painters only painting for fsx/p3d.

Nowadays I see very much light at the end of the tunnel. Not only because of the AIA 737 Max and the converting tool but also the amount of fresh repaints for the TFS and UTT models released lately.

Maybe the designers of sceneries also come to the conclusion that we are still out there?