Sign in to follow this  
aussiedin

Airport Environment Upgrade ***STATUS***

Guest AEU 8

Hello all!A hand full of you, loyal to Airport Environment Upgrade, have been wondering about the status of the latest project. A few of you have even shown some concern about my welfare. :) That really means a-lot to me. I am truly blessed to have such friends. :)The latest installment of the project (AEU 8) was about half finished back in January. I felt positive that I would have the desire to finish it then and announced that it would be released in February. Well, as some of you might already know, I've completely lost sight of this project that I started back in late 2002. Oddly enough, the download counts seem to indicate that this small texture package has found a nitch. For that I am surprised yet greatful. :-beerchug THANKS EVERYONE!Because of this, I still feel that I owe something to the community, even though I feel I've run my course with the project.I am currently making an effort to turn over all of the rights to the Airport Environment Upgrade title to a very talented and trusted artist in the community. My name will no longer be on the project if and when AEU is continued. The new artist will have full artistic license to continue the project as he sees fit. I will be completely disassociated. The benefit for me, of course, will be seeing the AEU legacy live on and continue to serve a great purpose in a great community. The benefit for you will be having a new AEU with a fresh perspective.If and when the artist agrees to take on the project, I will publicly name the person and transfer all rights here at the AVSIM forum. AVSIM, after all, has been the traditional home of AEU and I hope it will remain such. This decision will be left up to my replacement.As for now, I simply wish to extend a BIG heartfelt thank you to all of you for providing such vast support for the project. I have left and returned to the FS community more than once since 1998. If I do decide to continue creating add-ons again in the future, I will once again take some aspect of FS in yet a new (and hopefully exciting) direction. But for now... I'll soon be on my way out again, at least for a while. Thanks again everyone and stay tuned for further updates. :)PS. I've wanted to share this picture of my family here for sometime. I'm very proud; hopefully this speaks volumes about my well being and continuing involvement in the aviation community. Thanks again to those of you who expressed concern. :)EDIT: It seems I've forgotten how to properly upload an image. I'll keep trying. :)

Chris, thank you very much for your past AEU updates and your continued effort to keep this project alive. I think it is very classy to admit losing sight of a project and then to make an effort to finding someone to take over."Airport Environment", next to "Ground Environment" and "Flight Environment"? Peter? Make us all happy with the "E" Trilogy ;)Thanks again,Pat

Guest AEU 8

A trilogy indeed! :-beerchug That's a great way to look at it. There's a-lot of talented artist making these types of contributions. Thanks Pat. :)

Sorry to hear your leaving the project Chris...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest AEU 8

Thanks Dillon. I trust that the next author will make an exciting contribution. :)I wish I could figure out what I'm doing wrong here... Every time I try to add an 800 x 600 90KB image of my family to the post, I get logged out. Any ideas? :(

Hi Chris! Glad to know that all is ok. Just wanted to take a moment to speak for myself (and god knows how many others) and give a heartfelt thanks for all you've done for the simming community. Your dedication and your gift to the community shall always be remembered. God bless you Chris, and thanks.

>Hi Chris! >>Glad to know that all is ok. Just wanted to take a moment to>speak for myself (and god knows how many others) and give a>heartfelt thanks for all you've done for the simming>community. Your dedication and your gift to the community>shall always be remembered. >>God bless you Chris, and thanks.Yes, I second this!!! Thanks so much for what you have given us pal! :)RegardsTim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

You shouldn't have a problem with a pic that size. Try making the pic smaller in Photoshop and see what happens... :-)Just to let you know, your airport updates made a world of difference in my FS2k4 experiance. If at all possible could you at least release what you were working on for the default terminals back in January??? Those screenshots looked very impressive...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest AEU 8

The work done in January will be released to the next author. It will be up to him to release the work as he sees fit. Thanks all! :)

Guest Eagletail

Chris, I, too, am sad to hear you're leaving the flightsimming venture. Your product has been highly appreciated by many of us from around the world. It looks like you have a wonderful family - and a beautiful plane! This is probably obvious, but does the name Grand Canyon Airlines indicate that you are flying tourists into the canyon? Where is your base located? I'll be likely on vacation, with my family, next summer in the Grand Canyon. Maybe we can fly with your company? Well, good luck, in any case with future endeavours. :-)

Hi Chris,I just downloaded AEU7 last night, so this is a timely opportunity to say thank you for your work on it!Cheers.

Guest Keith Sebastian

Thank you Chris. AEU has been one the most memorable FS addons I've ever had.Cheers,Keith

Guest abent

Hi Chris,Your contributions to the community over the past few years have been greatly appreciated. Here's a little something that might interest you. It's a project in its infancy, but you're welcome to what I have done, although it's only 3-4 buildings at this point and no custom ground textures. I photographed KGCN, Furnace Creek and Bolder City when I was down in the southwest about 6 months ago. Not sure when I'll resume work on these as I'm very busy with another project now.Once again, thanks for your contributions!Adamhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153429.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153430.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153431.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153432.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153433.jpg

Wonderful family Chris - and a great job.Hopefully I can come see you at work sometime soon.Thanks for your amazing work and best of luck in the future.You will be missed.