Sign in to follow this  
psp5213

AP can't disengage

•  

Hi there

I am new to fly the 737 ngx, so I have more topics, please be patient to me and if you can help me I will be more than happy.

In my last flight, just before landing I want to change speed and disengage the AP, but the mouse cursor didn't change to hand cursor so I could not deal with plan, so my landing was bad.

Second problem, on approach to runway, with G\S active (capture), the plane didn't reach the touchdown zone and land before.

thanks

Aviv shefer

Use the PMDG Options > Keycommands menu to establish a keycommand for A/P disconnect.  I use FSUIPC to assign that keystroke to a button push on my controller but this is optional.

I cannot picture the second problem, are you attempting an autoland or are you hand flying the landing?

The Tutorials are a must for anyone transitioning into a PMDG Boeing, please fly both of them as often as required to become comfortable with how things work.

Dan Downs KCRP

To disconnect the autopilot, there is a disconnect button on the yoke. If you have a yoke, you need to map this to your button. Standard FSX/P3D autopilot button is an engage/disengage master action, but you'll only use it to disconnect. Other methods to disengage the autopilot are to manually trim the aircraft, to press the MCP AP buttons, or to drop the disengage bar beneath them. Pressing TOGA when not in dual autopilot mode will also disengage the autopilot.

Definitely recommend watching the tutorials.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!