Sign in to follow this  
mrabduz

777 FMC not working

Hello,

This is the second time i have encountered this bug (?) where my FMC becomes completely useless after making a few route changes like selecting a different runway/STAR for landing. I can't make any changes on LEGS, RTE or VNAV page. I made a video which might be able to explain the problem a little better. Using P3Dv4 with Orbx and active sky. Using vpilot for vatsim. 

I tried everything i could but could not fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

3 hours ago, mrabduz said:

Hello,

This is the second time i have encountered this bug (?) where my FMC becomes completely useless after making a few route changes like selecting a different runway/STAR for landing. I can't make any changes on LEGS, RTE or VNAV page. I made a video which might be able to explain the problem a little better. Using P3Dv4 with Orbx and active sky. Using vpilot for vatsim. 

I tried everything i could but could not fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

What is your 777 version? Open the operations Center select the 777 then version. What is the number on the right?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

9 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

What is your 777 version? Open the operations Center select the 777 then version. What is the number on the right?

Hello,

I am using v1.10.8886. According to the operations center it is the latest version.

https://prnt.sc/kqzkvo

thanks,

Abdullah Hussain

I cannot tell how you got to that point where selections were not in database.  Did you already have an approach and/or arrival selected?   I think it is much better to explain what you are trying to accomplish. I think you have an ILS selected but it looks like your are trying to change that to a VOR approach, why?  What is the last waypoint of your enroute flight plan? Which arrival are you trying to select?

So many questions. Please use words, I prefer not to watch videos.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I cannot tell how you got to that point where selections were not in database.  Did you already have an approach and/or arrival selected?   I think it is much better to explain what you are trying to accomplish. I think you have an ILS selected but it looks like your are trying to change that to a VOR approach, why?  What is the last waypoint of your enroute flight plan? Which arrival are you trying to select?

So many questions. Please use words, I prefer not to watch videos.

Basically I flew from EGKK to KPHL. I selected a runway for landing at the start of the flight and wanted to change that by the time i approached KPHL. I also made some amendment in the LEGS page by removing and skipping some waypoints which is completely normal. It was working fine until all of a sudden I couldn't change anything in the FMC. In the video I am clicking on the VOR approach just to show that the FMC isn't working at all. I can't select runways, can't change STARS, can't even change my cruising altitude. I am pretty sure that I am doing something stupid but even then it shouldn't just completely lock out the fmc like to the point where I can't go the next waypoint directly if i wanted to.

Thanks,

Abdullah Hussain

Edited by mrabduz

I don't think you are doing anything wrong... the FMC should never lock up even if you did do something unusual.

Big however in that you add that you cannot do a Go To waypoint or change altitude, so now this is not just a problem selecting an arrival or approach.  It is an entirely different problem.

It happens, maybe rare but it does.  All you can do if you wish, is to try to replicate the problem such that you can provide a set of steps to follow to duplicate the problem.  If we have the steps that create the problem it can be fixed.

Dan Downs KCRP