Sign in to follow this  
dondormehl

PMDG_B777X.dll crash after Update

Hi,

I have had a first time CTD with the B777-200 LR after flying it for the first time after the recent update. Flight between RJAA and VHHH. After landing, during ground roll FSX CTD with the attached Windows Event Viewer text file showing that the PMDG_B777X.dll was the faulty module. It wasn't a VAS crash as I still had 1 Gb left.

Level    Date and Time    Source    Event ID    Task Category
Error    6/09/2018 11:37:43 PM    Application Error    1000    (100)    "Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: PMDG_777X.dll, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b5f8601
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00264c38
Faulting process id: 0x24cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d445b89528ddd2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\PMDG_777X.dll
Report Id: b2d66ccf-c4c4-4b6c-be46-d27420458d19

Anyone any ideas?

Don Dormehl

18 hours ago, dondormehl said:

Exception code: 0xc0000409

This is a stack buffer overflow exception, finding the source of the problem is difficult unless you are a programmer with access to Visual Studio debugger. 

This is the first post I've seen reporting this problem for an update that has been out for .... maybe months? If it happens often then I'd recommend isolating the source by removing addons such as traffic, weather and couatl until it is just the simulator and PMDG.  If you still get the same error then I'd recommend submitting a support ticket.

See also the AVSIM CTD Guide, link is in the right column of this forum.

Dan Downs KCRP