Sign in to follow this  
Caramano

Teminal Charts - White Page

You need to have a Navigraph Charts subscription and apparently their site might be struggling to cope with all of the requests following the release of the latest PMDG 744/-8.

I have navigraph Subcription... 

In my point of view the problem is related to IE11....

If you know the soluction please let me khnow

i got an empty page too with the following message before that

script error

line;19

char 218

error-object expected

code 0

url https://identity.api.navigraph.com/assets/scripts 2.5,0

vivekanand

What Navigraph subscription are we talking about.  I see the charts are a yearly subscription of 62.9 euros/annualy.  Is this the one we need.  What about the FMS data - do we need that as well.  So someone clarify, if you want terminal charts on the 747-8, it'll cost you $63 Eoros per year?? or is this a one time expense??

Paul Gugliotta

20 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

What Navigraph subscription are we talking about.  I see the charts are a yearly subscription of 62.9 euros/annualy.  Is this the one we need.  What about the FMS data - do we need that as well.  So someone clarify, if you want terminal charts on the 747-8, it'll cost you $63 Eoros per year?? or is this a one time expense??

It's all up to you, really. Do you want to keep up to date with things, or not?

If you want to keep up with real world navdata, then you'll need a sub with navdata.

If you want to keep up with real world charts, then you'll need a sub with charts.

If you have one, then you'll likely want both, because if you're using current charts with navdata a year out of date, things might not match up.

In reality, groups like Navigraph are here to keep your data up to date so that you don't have to worry about it. If that doesn't concern you, then I'd suggest taking a look at the EFB manual and having a look at using its documents function to import PDFs, and use those as charts.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, say of I want the airport charts and I buy a 1 year subscription to Navdata carts, and I don't renew.  Will they disappear from my EFB? or remain and be 1+ years old?  But confirm that for the EFB to get airport charts and detailed taxiways, I need to buy a subscription on Navadata for charts?  I did not buy the 747-8 yet, so I can't check.  I need this info in order to decide whether I want  to buy the 747-8 or not (not my favorite plane).  I'd like to buy it (747-8) and do a 1 year navdata purchase and just use old charts  forever - is that feasible?? 

Paul Gugliotta

9 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

I'd like to buy it (747-8) and do a 1 year navdata purchase and just use old charts  forever - is that feasible?? 

Our plane would allow it if navigraph allowed it. Check with them.

All the same, the EFB includes a pdf reader, which could be used as a chart viewer even if it isn't possible.

Kyle Rodgers

Paul, 

from my personal pov: I HAVE a subscription with navigraph and therefore I have the charts available. PMDG did a very good job implementing them without a significant drop in performance. But still, I won‘t use them. It‘s not PNDG‘s fault, but Boeing and Jeppesen (the actual provider of the charts). They look awfully on that little display. I CAN‘t read anything without zooming in the chart itself so there is absolutely no benefit from using EFB charts to using them on a second desktop if available. I will stick with LIDO charts as long as Aerosoft provides them to us and will drop my Navigraph sub when it expires. PMDG have said a implementation of the Aerosoft subscription is planned so maybe the more readable LIDO charts will find their way into my cockpit. Until then I use the EFB for the perf calc and QRH. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Ephedrin