BobP

Altn List Uplink - What is it?

I have read the knowledge base and searched  the Avsim forum, I do not see any reference to what is is and how to use it. Thank you in advance. 

Bob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I usually inhibit automatic ALTN List uplinks.  As the flight progress the FMS will update the ALTN list based on either nearest airports meeting criteria of runway length and ILS (if set in options), or based on company provided ALTN data.  That is all this is, and in simulation it really doesn't mean much.

Operators must have preplanned diversion alternates, sure if you have to get down right away then any runway will do but if you have 400 people on board you will want to go somewhere where there is preplanning in place to feed, shelter and keep them warm as well as plans to send backup aircraft.  These plans are complex and the ALTN List is part of that planning.

16 minutes ago, BobP said:

I have read the knowledge base and searched  the Avsim forum

Before looking at KB and forums why don't you search the provided documentation. Especially the Introduction document (page 185). You can now access this and the EFB manual directly from the EFB DOCUMENTS application and also use the multi-document search function.

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I usually inhibit automatic ALTN List uplinks.  As the flight progress the FMS will update the ALTN list based on either nearest airports meeting criteria of runway length and ILS (if set in options), or based on company provided ALTN data.  That is all this is, and in simulation it really doesn't mean much.

Operators must have preplanned diversion alternates, sure if you have to get down right away then any runway will do but if you have 400 people on board you will want to go somewhere where there is preplanning in place to feed, shelter and keep them warm as well as plans to send backup aircraft.  These plans are complex and the ALTN List is part of that planning.

Thank you very much, I assumed that but not seen it before on the queen II. 

Bob