Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

PMDG Operations Center

Hi,

The PMDG Operations Center is one tool used to update the PMDG products. When I first open it, It would say that I have 6 new notifications, meaning that new updates are available. I run these updates by clicking the OK button. Then when I go back and open the Operations Center again, the same 6 notifications are there again, and I've just updated them. Why are these notifications keep prompting me to update them when I've already ran them?

Ken Manning.

Edited by kmanning

Hey Ken,

That typically means the current Base installer that you have isn't current enough to update.  Simply download the latest installer from your PMDG Account and install that and then run the Updater and that should correct the issue.

• Like 1

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

17 minutes ago, Jet Tech said:

Hey Ken,

That typically means the current Base installer that you have isn't current enough to update.  Simply download the latest installer from your PMDG Account and install that and then run the Updater and that should correct the issue.

Hi Paul,

I do not see anywhere on the PMDG website from my account page to download the latest Operations Center installer. Where, specifically is it?

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

Just now, kmanning said:

I do not see anywhere on the PMDG website to download the latest Operations Center installer. Where, specifically is it?

It's not the OC that needs an update. It's your version of the product. For example, if the 777 is reporting that it has an update available, and the updater doesn't update it, then you need to log in, download the full 777 installer, uninstall the old one, install the new one. From there, it will work.

Basically, your 777 is so old the updater doesn't even know how to update it.

Kyle Rodgers

9 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's not the OC that needs an update. It's your version of the product. For example, if the 777 is reporting that it has an update available, and the updater doesn't update it, then you need to log in, download the full 777 installer, uninstall the old one, install the new one. From there, it will work.

Okay, I got it. I think I do recall that there's a 777 that needed to be installed. It did prompted me to download the full version but haven't done that yet because I've haven't flown it in some time. I guess I need to start keeping them all updated, rather I fly them much or not. Thanks, I'll go and get this done now.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

On 9/27/2018 at 6:39 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Anyone care to give detailed instructions on how to do this?

Newbie dinosaur at this end.

Thanks and kind regards.

14 minutes ago, Patty007 said:

Anyone care to give detailed instructions on how to do this?

Newbie dinosaur at this end.

Thanks and kind regards.

Yes. Log into your PMDG shop account, download the 777 installer, uninstall what you have, and run the new installer.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

5 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Yes. Log into your PMDG shop account, download the 777 installer, uninstall what you have, and run the new installer.

Thanks Capt - shall give it a go and report back.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Patty007 said:

Thanks Capt - shall give it a go and report back.

Cheers.

I mean, I hope it works, and it should, but at the same time, I told you literally the exact same thing that Kyle did in the post that you responded to.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Hi,

Well, I updated all the PMDG aircrafts, including re-installing the 777 and the 747v3. But instead of having 5 notifications, I'm getting 2 notifications every time I open the PMDG Operation Center, and it's on the same aircraft each time. One is the 737NGX for FSX and the other is the PMDG 737-600 / 700 NGX. But the Operation Center has not prompted me to download a new full version of the 737NGX. I clicked OK to update them. But when I run the Operation Center again, the same 2 aircrafts appear every time, as though I've never updated them. I believe if the Operation Center has updated them, there should be NO notifications when I run the Operation Center again.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

Wouldn't hurt to download the latest installer for the 737 just in case. I don't know that the Operations Center would necessarily tell you that this needs to be done.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

48 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Wouldn't hurt to download the latest installer for the 737 just in case. I don't know that the Operations Center would necessarily tell you that this needs to be done.

Hi Kevin,

I think I found the problem. To be sure, would someone tell me what the latest version is for the PMDG 737 800 / 900 NGX based package for FSX. I think I have an older version. I tried to check for the latest version on the PMDG website but nowhere does PMDG show the latest versions for their products.

Ken. 

Edited by kmanning

16 minutes ago, kmanning said:

I think I found the problem. To be sure, would someone tell me what the latest version is for the PMDG 737 800 / 900 NGX based package for FSX. I think I have an older version. I tried to check for the latest version on the PMDG website but nowhere does PMDG show the latest versions for their products.

It won't say on the website. That said, if you download it from your order history, it'll be the latest version.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, Patty007 said:

No joy as yet ......... unsure of next step.

That's  a lot  to go on with that  much info,  give the  details  on what  you  have  done  and  in what  steps

First  you need  to  sign into  your  account,   which is  separate  to the  forum,  go  to  your  account   than  click previous orders,  download  the  777 installer  or  what ever  you want  to download.  Save  it  to your  desktop or  folder  you have, Uninstall the  old  version  you have  installed on your  pc than  run the  installer  you have  downloaded   than  once  installed   run  the  oc  and  it  will load the  liveries  u had before  and  it  will let  you know  if  you need  to update.

If  all fails  send  in a support  ticket  in   also note  you need   to add  your  full name in each of  your  post

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg