Recommended Posts

Team,

Anyway to completely decouple GSX from MCE?  I'd like to prevent MCE from activating GSX menu when I load it.  If not, would you consider adding an option to the .cfg?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Team,

Anyway to completely decouple GSX from MCE?  I'd like to prevent MCE from activating GSX menu when I load it.  If not, would you consider adding an option to the .cfg?  

Can be done of course.

Will be in next update.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Team,

Anyway to completely decouple GSX from MCE?  I'd like to prevent MCE from activating GSX menu when I load it.  If not, would you consider adding an option to the .cfg?  

Right now, a simple work around would be to go to MCE "Advanced options" panel and select option "Using AES". That way, MCE will ignore GSX.

If that's OK with you, would rather leave it at that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FS++ said:

Right now, a simple work around would be to go to MCE "Advanced options" panel and select option "Using AES". That way, MCE will ignore GSX.

If that's OK with you, would rather leave it at that.

 

That seems a good work around Gerald. I am just curious as to exactly why Matt wants to disable GSX?  Is it something that's wrong with the latest v2, which automatically updates v1, whether you want it or not? Hope he replies.

Curious?

Regards

David.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afternoon, David.  When launching MCE, it automatically opens the GSX menu; I'd like to disable that feature.  Also, on landing, MCE applies my parking break immediately after opening the GSX menu; that is very frustrating during VATSIM flights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:36 AM, FS++ said:

Right now, a simple work around would be to go to MCE "Advanced options" panel and select option "Using AES". That way, MCE will ignore GSX.

If that's OK with you, would rather leave it at that. 

 

Perfect...thank you again, Gerald!  First rate customer support, as always!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Also, on landing, MCE applies my parking break immediately after opening the GSX menu

Shouldn't happen in normal circumstances with supported aircraft, as MCE only applies brakes when engines are seen NOT running.

The ramp agent should never pop-in unless you completed a full shutdown.

Which aircraft is this happening with?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PMDG 777 P3D V4.3; I don't have the issue with any other aircraft.  What I've reverted to was closing MCE on landing and reopening when I'm at the gate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, kingm56 said:

PMDG 777 P3D V4.3; I don't have the issue with any other aircraft.  What I've reverted to was closing MCE on landing and reopening when I'm at the gate

Thanks.

My colleague sent you an e-mail based on your forum displayed name.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 6:29 PM, kingm56 said:

Afternoon, David.  When launching MCE, it automatically opens the GSX menu; I'd like to disable that feature.  Also, on landing, MCE applies my parking break immediately after opening the GSX menu; that is very frustrating during VATSIM flights. 

That's a strange one? I have not seen that before.

The MCE guys will sort it for you.

I asked because Couatle sometimes does weird things. Lately, with all the "upgrades" to the program, I loose the link with MCE on occasions. Then Couatle will crash sometimes and it's gone from the add on menu?  

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, kingm56 said:

PMDG 777 P3D V4.3; I don't have the issue with any other aircraft.  What I've reverted to was closing MCE on landing and reopening when I'm at the gate

You were sent a download link to download a dll (embedded in a zip file) via e-mail a few days ago.

Not sure whether the e-mail was deleted by your e-mail server. For instance, it rejected the attempt to send the file to you as a zip attachment.

Edited by FS++

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it , Gerald!  I'll try in a few days.  Thank you, sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New PMDG777 DLL works perfectly; no brakes applied on the last 2 flights. Thanks for the great support, guys!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this