Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

The Blue Canoe climbing away...

Admit it, you thought this was an airborne photo, or a Wenonah advert, didn't you? 

Where else but in Orbx's PAKT can you stand by the taxiway, and watch this old girl belch and cough up the slope?  Pair the DC-6 with Orbx and you're in for Nirvana... flight planing at below 10,000 you really get a chance to LOOK at all the scenery you have... who'd have thunk it? Luverley...

AiYmysg.jpg

Ok... here's what you were probably expecting...

jdQddJZ.jpg

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, a hair under 70,000lbs... a charter, transporting some executives from Starbucks back to Seattle after their Misty Fijords Tour... 😉

20XuQ2K.jpg

They could have flown ASA, but they were very good this year, so they got to fly home in the old girl :p

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Blue Canoe refers to the US Military version of the Cessna C310.  I did not personally fly the U-3A, but took quite a number of hops in them to commander's call meetings during my service in the USAF.  I was stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, and the meetings were at either Ft Leavenworth, Kansas, or Scott AFB in Illinois.

https://amcmuseum.org/at-the-museum/aircraft/u-3a-blue-canoe/

Edited by fppilot

Frank,

In this case, as in many others, words can have several meanings/attributions... the Evert's paint I'm currently flying is referred to in-house as the "Blue Canoe" as well.  Always good to learn more about the USAF.  I'm actually sorta fond of a certain retired Major around these parts.

Ta- C

Edited by cavaricooper

...and so to bed... the boffins will work on her tonight... tomorrow we head South!

KPvjGDZ.jpg

C

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

. the Evert's paint I'm currently flying is referred to in-house as the "Blue Canoe" as well. 

If the two were not to an extent contemporary I would not object. perhaps next time to a Google. During my business career I worked four year with trademarks and copyrights, so am rooted in such a SOP.

With Superbowl snacks cooking I thought I'd take 451 to Anchorage.  It was sleeting as we prepped in Fairbanks, and turning on to the active, I cranked the cabin heaters up to high...

KUXyGUL.jpg

I held her low on the deck and let the speed build, at moderate weight I like 160 before pulling her nose upwards... but in this cold, the old engines really pull...

5HoJXY7.jpg

If EVER anything SCREAMED for PBR... she does... I for one can't wait!

qV2Cagp.jpg

Ah well... she will get some TLC soon, but for now, she still tickles my fancy in her current guise.

Best- C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Alex-

Looking forward to some Pabst Blue Ribbon magic from you when possible!

This repaint is BEGGING FOR A PINT!

😉

C