Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

Coming soon: Greek-Turkish Zig-Zag

During our Saturday flight on November 12 in the Eastern Mediterranean area we will visit the following airports:

Departing from LGRP (Rhodes, Greece) we will land at

LGSM (Samos, Greece)

LTBJ (Izmir, Turkey)

LGMT (Mytilene, Greece)

LTFD (Balikesir, Turkey)

LTBH (Canakkale, Turkey)

LGHI (Chios, Greece)

LGIK (Ikaria, Greece)

and finish the flight at

LGSO (Syros, Greece)

ifHVgIL.jpg

With the exception of Chios (I couldn't find any suitable freeware for Chios), There are freeware sceneries available for all airports. To enhance the emersion a bit, you might want to have a look at them and install them if you like.

The Turkish airports LFTD and LTBH are available here .  They enhance the default sceneries well enough to have a look at them.

For Izmir (LTBJ), there is a scenery available at AVSIM here. To avoid trenches/plateaus, you may have to disable LTBJ_ADEX_MO.bgl in .....scenery/world/scenery

Bert found another, better working scenery, as indicated in his post. Download here .

For the Greek Island of Samos there are some AVSIM sceneries available, for example, this one :

The improvement is ok, but there are more and maybe better sceneries available, I could not make them work in P3DV4. Maybe someone with more talent than me (Nick....!!??) could take a look at Samos and come up with something better...

Bert also found a nice scenery for Chios:https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=197454

LGMT, LGIK, LGRP, and LGSO can be found here: www.simmershome.de. 

Look for "Szenerien" in the selection on the start page and download them for FSX/P3D. LGRP (Rhodes) can be downloaded without a Club membership here: https://forum.simmershome.de/index.php?thread/790-simmershome-rhodos-bis-30-10-2018-im-direkt-download-hier/

For the other sceneries, you need a membership. Application here :

The flight will cover about 480 NM, so a fast (200 kts+) GA (single engine or Twin) would be a good choice.

In case of problems let me know and I'll try to help.

Cheers

Gunter

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Thanks for the scenery links Gunter.  I have applied for simmershome club membership and will install when access is granted.

I seemed to remember that I had a Samos scenery and sure enough I had previously purchased the 29Palms payware version.  I will be using it.  Link below for those who might be interested.

https://29palms-store.de/home/22-lgsm-samos.html

Jeff

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

15 hours ago, Viking01 said:

For Izmir (LTBJ), there is a scenery available at AVSIM here. To avoid trenches/plateaus, you may have to disable LTBJ_ADEX_MO.bgl in .....scenery/world/scenery

Gunter, a little confused here..
Maybe a copy/paste of the wrong file name?
The only .bgl in the scenery download is the one you state to remove - "LTBJ_ADEX_MO.bgl"

Hungry for kabobs, gyros & spanakopita... Yummy!

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks Roman, I'll check that and come back...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

The download does indeed contains just a file with the name "LTBJ_ADEX_MO.bgl".

You can either drop it into the ....scenery/world/scenery folder, thus overwriting the existing file or placing the dowloaded file in a separate folder "Izmir - scenery" and deactivate the other one.

What I found a bit strange is that both files have identical time stamps...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Hi Gunter.. Just found some more things,, setting up scenery now..
Did you try this setup for LTBJ (Izmir, Turkey) ? CONFIRMED WORKING FOR P3Dv4 IN THIS POST

LTBJ (Izmir, Turkey) FSX-P3Dv3
Reference - http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/showthread.php?16220-LTBJ2013-Ahmet-%D6zler-den-FSX-i%E7in-%DDzmir-Adnan-Menderes-Havaliman%FD-scenery-si
Direct DL - http://www.sanalpilot.com/downloads/LTBJ2013_nocrash.rar

Patch for P3Dv4
Reference - https://simmershome.de/p3d-v4-interimpatches/
Reference - https://forum.simmershome.de/index.php?thread/605-sh-turkey-p3d-v4-mods/ (Club Membership Reqd) 
Direct DL - http://simmershome.de/?wpfb_dl=292 (Club Membership Reqd) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LGRP (Rhodes, Greece) For FSX users only, if there are any left?   Just 1 I guess... HA!
AVSIM - https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=199385 (using this one)
Flight Sim - http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=lgrp.zip

Thanks Roman, I will have a look at those sceneries as well. 

As for Samos, Nick will check a scenery available at AVSIM, we will come with that one later.

Great find for Izmir, I had not seen that on simmers home, will try it later!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Guess I'm ready now. Took a lot of work but got it all going for the route.

Easy part - Found scenery for LGHI (Chios, Greece) here --> https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=197454
Works very well (excellent upgrade) with FreeMeshX Europe & Asia active and a resolution setting of 5m. Hopefully it will work in P3Dv4 for y'all.

LTBJ (Izmir, Turkey  FSX, before the P3Dv4 patch), WOW! What a exercise in frustration! This is for FSX for which it was designed.
All elevation issues, it would never sit well - plateaus, valleys, spikes, pure ugliness. Orbx LTBJ AEC enabled or disabled, add-on mesh or no mesh, completely stock etc. This is what I did to get it going, sit & work well. This is with FreeMeshX active @ 5m. I just can't see how a P3Dv4 patch would even work if the original doesn't. For P3Dv4 users I would install as instructed, then, if you have elevation issues, try the following. It worked beautifully for me. 

1) Orbx LTBJ AEC disabled (Very important)  

2) Place this newly created elevation correction .bgl ( P3Dv4 compiled  |  FSX compiled ) in sim\scenery\world\scenery.
    Note - this will cause other problems to be corrected in step 3.
3) With the new elevation of the airport there are polygons that float. Polys must be given exact altitudes, they do not "stick" (anchor) to the ground. These poly's are just minor enhancements to the runway, taxiway & apron edges. They would float about 15 feet off the ground. Removal of these doesn't deter much from the quality of this airport. Rename the following files in the LTBJ scenery folder with a filetype of .OFF
ALAN_GIRISI_TEXP.BGL.OFF
CATLAKLAR_TEXP.BGL.OFF
Korul_Altlari_TEXP.BGL.OFF
PROJECT4_TEXP.BGL.OFF
SAYILAR_TEXP.BGL.OFF
YENI_PEROM_TEXP.BGL.OFF

CONFIRMED WORKING FOR P3Dv4 IN THIS POST.

Hope this may help if you have problems.
I'm ready for warmth and good food. 
A gallon of tanning butter is already loaded in the luggage compartment!  ; - )

Drats! Seems I spoke(s) too soon..
The fix above works great if you directly start at the airport.
If one flies there from somewhere else well.... Some of the badness (plateaus & spikes) reappears.  : - (
Thank goodness for insomnia ( Ha! ) can keep working on it. 

Haha, daylight here, just started checking out Izmir...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

You are right, I found the same problem. 

I had downloaded the original airport, deleted the two files and added the other according to simmers home's patch and set the LTBJ_ADEX_MO.bgl to off again (in ....scenery/world/scenery.). That looks great on departure but upon arrival I'm sinking through a higher level runway. After that everything looks ok again. Strange...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

If I apply the changes you suggested I have solved the multiple layer runway, but I only see the terminal building, nothing else . The area around the tower (as in your picture) is empty in my installation...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Gunter, 

This will be really good scenery once it gets working. I'm getting very close with the FSX version - using some very "grey" techniques. The problem is that runway 34L has disappeared but all other problems are solved. : - )   What i have found (for FSX) is that the elevation correction must be in the airport AF2 source itself. Not as an outside elevation correction .bgl, this cures the arriving at airport elevation problem.

I have some ideas for you.

Try #1 - Using the original download and the SH fix, try redownloading my created elevation adjustment again. Looking at the P3Dv4 sdk I missed an obscure attribute in the source. : - (  (Make sure ORBX AEC for LTBJ is disabled, it will overwrite my adjustment) The problem I have with the SH fix is that I cannot decompile the bugger. If this, or the the other option below doesn't work, maybe we can get a hold of Rainer at SH and have him recompile the affected scenery .bgl with the proper elevation..

Try #2 - Completely scrap the original download and the SH fix and try an updated for P3Dv3-4 scenery on the second page of the Turkish forum post. (just found it!) Direct download here. Notes
- this is the complete scenery, disable the other version with the SH fix & the elevation correction for testing
- I looked at the AF2, it will probably need an elevation correction (test without first!), if so, follow the steps above

Have you tried LGHI (Chios, Greece) I found above? Fingers crossed for you guys on that one..
Hopefully this can be settled.. I have installed all the other Turkey sceneries from the Turkish scenery site.  It would be nice to stick around in this area, kind of a nice place to fly.

Still awake! Heh.. Might as well keep trying to get this working. Going to be a long day!

Edited by spokes2112
Gunter confirms 2nd version working

Roman,

good news on the sceneries: LTBJ from the alternative source works instantly, no corrections applied.

Chios is also no problem.

I will download and install the other Turkish Airports as well. Problem is that they are pretty far apart. But they are good for at least one more flight there.

I will also check the freeware Simmershome for the Turkish airports and check his other patches.

• Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider