Sign in to follow this  
wwslk

Voxscript flaps <THE_SETTING> for CRJ not working

1st, what a great combo for with Aerosoft CRJ and MCE.   I have been able to closely match a real world CRJ flows and ops.  Truly amazing.

One area that I cannot get to work is having voxscript set a specific flap setting.   The command such as FLAPS EIGHT works as a normal verbal command when in the simm but when as part of a voxscript it does not work.   The command FLAPS UP does work in voxcript but not a flaps to a specific number.   I tried I believe all the possible syntax.  

The reason this is important is to creat voxcript commands for situations such as:  

Go arrounds/missed appraoches

Balked landings

Windshear recovery

Stall recovery

Most other functionality of MCE seems to be working fine.  Any ideas why the flap command to specific flap is not working as a voxscript command?

This is with P3D v. 4.3.29   With MCE 2.7.63 and Latest Aerosoft CRJ windows 10 home.   

Help much appreciated.

Wallace Wittkoff.  CRJ driver

14 hours ago, wwslk said:

1st, what a great combo for with Aerosoft CRJ and MCE.   I have been able to closely match a real world CRJ flows and ops.  Truly amazing.

One area that I cannot get to work is having voxscript set a specific flap setting.   The command such as FLAPS EIGHT works as a normal verbal command when in the simm but when as part of a voxscript it does not work.   The command FLAPS UP does work in voxcript but not a flaps to a specific number.   I tried I believe all the possible syntax.  

The reason this is important is to creat voxcript commands for situations such as:  

Go arrounds/missed appraoches

Balked landings

Windshear recovery

Stall recovery

Most other functionality of MCE seems to be working fine.  Any ideas why the flap command to specific flap is not working as a voxscript command?

This is with P3D v. 4.3.29   With MCE 2.7.63 and Latest Aerosoft CRJ windows 10 home.   

Help much appreciated.

Wallace Wittkoff.  CRJ driver

Always nice to hear such feedback :smile:

Most dialling type of commands cannot be scripted due to the extreme flexibility built into the speech grammar files.

There are exceptions though.

There is also something called Voxkey, you can take advantage of.

Since the Aerosoft CRG responds to default P3D flap increment, flap decrement commands, proceed as follows.

Windows menu Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Voxkey

Open the "Prepar3D Demo.vkp" profile.

Check whether there is already a command such as "flaps one notch up".

If not, create one and tie it to the F6 keyboard key.

Voxkey is just an editor. When done adding commands close it

At run time, and assuming you're running P3D (any version), MCE will look-up that particular profile and make all those custom commands in it, available for speech recognition.

Speak the command and whatever key combo is tied to it, will be sent to the simulator window.

What's more, you can now include the Voxkey command in any flow.

In whatever flow you created and intended to handle a go-around,scenario just add the appropriate Voxkey command.

Let me know if it's not clear enough.

Also, if memory serves, you can set Vox Key to repeat a key stroke. So you could get it to do F6 twice, three or four times, with one command. You just have to work out what you need to set and enter the number of repeat key strokes. Then decide on the command, which might be "flaps to go around"?

It's nice to hear a CRJ Captain enjoying the sim and MCE. The CRJ is a very underrated sim!

Regards

David