Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

Just One

Click through... Base_Profile_Screenshot_2018.10.02_-_21.

Edited by WingZ
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Interesting... I like it  What city is that?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Mmm I was hoping you wouldn't ask...

Being AFS2, and Florida being a favoured playground, I'd say Miami!

Very nice shot!  I remember while waiting for my Mom to come home from Chicago back in the early 70's, my father took us to the now closed observation deck just under the SFO Central Tower.  A Braniff 727 soared over us, probably on a missed approach, exposing its underside in much the same way as this picture.  It was low, and slow, and loud, and a sight to behold, and you could smell the kerosene exhaust as it flew by.  I also worked helping open the New England Air Museum at Hartford Conn (Windsor Locks) way back in 1980, and we had clearance to walk the airport grounds outside, and we walked near the main runway.  A 747 outbound to somewhere took off right over us, and it was so loud my hearing went out, the undercarriage just 100 feet above us, though we were a good 50 yards away from the runway. 

A truck came out to meet us and cleared us once we revealed our credentials, then we went back to the museum's hangar and watched some National Guard A10's taxi right in front of us, they were big and an amazing sight in the waning dusk.  I was invited to help at the museum for an evening to rebuild it after a Tornado almost destroyed it, by two girlfriends and their boyfriends I had met, one a pilot, one a doctor, who befriended me because I befriended their ailing mother while visiting my cousin in Waterbury who suggested I go talk to their friend and neighbor to keep her company.  I remember her name, Francis Trumpaitis, and like me, of some Lithuanian descent.  A disabled woman in body but not in spirit, she would share a beer with me and talk my ear off, and tell me about her aviation nutcase daughters, to which I was so happy.  I remember helping move parts to be sorted later to rebuild one of the aircraft, since brute strength was one of my strengths.  Any help I gave I was honored to give.

Her oldest daughter and her boyfriend took me on a flight in a Piper out of Groton Connecticut, along the shore, up towards Mystic, and paid for it.  She gave me such a gentle kiss to the astonishment of her jealous boyfriend and in many ways was like my later wife, also in the air business, who I met some fourteen years later.  I love women with an interest in aviation, which is why I ended up marrying one, as my mother predicted.  Our marriage lasted 19 years, we had a daughter, we divorced amicably, and still stay in contact monthly years after our divorce when we need each other's advice or just a shoulder to cry on. 

Thanks for posting this picture, one pic triggers such strong memories!

https://www.neam.org/

John