Sign in to follow this  
louis8m

Go Flight questions for 777

I've been flying only the 737NG  since it came out ,and it's the only jet i fly. I have 9 Go flight modules including  the Advanced Auto pilot-- not the MC Pro  and the EFFIS panel that i bought this summer at the Vegas conference. Lets just say starting  the 737 i don't use the mouse hardly at all.   I just bought the base pack 777 and have to basically convert all my switches and  rotaries to this bird . Is it pretty well the same for switches compared to the 737 or are lot that i didn't use for the 737 will be different ?I'm sure some of you die hards here are using the GO-Flight interface tool and can enlighten me . I'm in the process of watching tutorials on it from Capt Nav and so far its a different beast to learn i see ----Thanks Louis  Massicotte   ---Alberta 

Edited by louis8m

Louis Massicotte ----Alberta 

Well still no answer , little surprised, as I  was sure I would get one .Looking at a few different videos on the 777, its sure not like the 737Ng. For now I'll leave it cause there sure doesn't seem to be a lot of buttons and they act different . I'll just program the lights .

I have several GoFLight modules including the MCPPro, EFIS, Throttle, LGT, T8's and P8's. And, yes, you do have to program them individually for the PMDG 737 and the 777. (The MCPPro is based on the 737, but it works well with the 777.) When I first got the modules I was, like you, only flying the 737. When the 777 was released, I had to re-program the modules. Since I stopped flying the 737 it was not a problem for me. The Goflight Interface Tool will recognize which aircraft you are flying, but knowing what each Goflight switch or button does, depending on which aircraft you're flying could be a challenge.

There is a lot of information available on the Goflight Interface Forum.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Can't really help you there, as I only have the 737 yoke, the TQ6 throttles, and one of the button panels. The only plane I have flown with it is the Boeing 747-400.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

11 hours ago, ClaudeF said:

I have several GoFLight modules including the MCPPro, EFIS, Throttle, LGT, T8's and P8's. And, yes, you do have to program them individually for the PMDG 737 and the 777. (The MCPPro is based on the 737, but it works well with the 777.) When I first got the modules I was, like you, only flying the 737. When the 777 was released, I had to re-program the modules. Since I stopped flying the 737 it was not a problem for me. The Goflight Interface Tool will recognize which aircraft you are flying, but knowing what each Goflight switch or button does, depending on which aircraft you're flying could be a challenge.

There is a lot of information available on the Goflight Interface Forum.

Claude is right.  I continue to fly the PMDG 777 and 747 on my GoFlight setup which has 15 modules. I have swappable magnetic label strips - not the individual cutout labels provided, but a magnetic backed paper I load in my printer and custom create for each airplane type.  Inspired by Rob Ainscough, whose laminated version is even better (see his tutorial videos for more info).

Good luck!

Mike Frantz

ugcx_banner.png

Wow 15 modules Mike ! i thought i had lots . I wish  Polly Pot  had some example pictures  for various switches etc. on their site. I spent over an hour trying to program the APU to start and Auto brakes on my RP48 Rotary knobs  and gave up .  I'll have to check Rob's tutorial . Finally did a flight with this and it was pretty sloppy. Louis Massicotte ---- Alberta 

Programming  the Goflight Interface Tool can be challenging.  Here are my settings for the APU and Autobrake.

> Settings for the APU Switch GF-T8 (toggle switches)

[Select a Toggle Switch]

Functions

Switch Event: ON EVT_OH_ELEC_APU_SEL_SWITCH

Switch Action: CUSTOM_WITH_OFF      Custom Value 2

Light Data: DATA_OH_ELEC_SWITCH_APU

Light Action: ON_GREATER_THAN         Light Value 0

How it works: When the toggle is placed in the "On" position, the 777 APU Switch will click to "Start" then revert to "Run". Whenever the toggle is in the "Off" position, the 777 APU will switch to "Off".

> Settings for AUTOBRAKE GF-RP48 (knobs, LEDs, buttons)

1) Select a Rotary Knob

Functions

Rotary Event: CLOCKWISE EVT_ABS_AUTOBRAKE_SELECTOR

Rotary Action: ROTATE     Custom Value 0

How it works: Turn the knob counterclockwise to set RTO (or, if in flight, to a lower Autobrake setting). Turn the knob clockwise for Autobrake settings 1-4.

2) Select the 2 buttons below the "rotary knob" assigned above]

Button (1)

Button Event: ON

Button Action: NOTHING

Light Data: DATA_FWDPAN_BRAKES_SWITCH_AUTO_BRAKE

Light Action: ON_LESS_THAN Light Value 1

Button (2)

Button Event: ON

Button Action: NOTHING

Light Data: DATA_FWDPAN_BRAKES_SWITCH_AUTO_BRAKE

Light Action: ON_GREATER_THAN Light Value 1

How it works: Nothing will happen when the buttons are pushed. However, when the knob is turned counter clockwise (to set RTO) the LED for button (1) will light. Turning the knob clockwise the LED for button (2) will light. When the Autobrake is set to OFF, both LEDs are also remain off (unlit).

Probably not the only way to program these two functions, but it works for me.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Wow Claude , this is priceless , thanks a bunch, i'll save this page in my favorites . All I've   ever flown  is the 737 Ng and when i bought this 777 last week i said " Oh boy  100 bucks down the tube ", but i;m liking it  more and more especially with all my go flight modules 

You're welcome!
I'd recommend spending time at the Goflight Interface Tool website viewing the forum and the User Guides. This should be quite helpful.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Claude thank you for solving the APU puzzle for me too! 

Another way to do Autobrake is to assign one button to counterclockwise rotation and another button to clockwise rotation. Since the 777 EICAS enunciates when the autobrake is set, I don’t bother with the light.

Louis, I agree with you this should all be easier, but thank heavens GFIT and the Pollypot site even exist.  My speculation is that GoFlight (the company) builds & supports excellent hardware but aren’t equipped to handle the software complexity for interactions with ever changing 3rd party add-on aircraft.  So the awesome Pollypot guy Steve and power users like Rob Ainscough are filling the gap.

ugcx_banner.png

Claude, thanks for that.  I have not delved into my goflight interface tool for my pmdg stuff yet, but I probably will now!

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Yes, and Steve does respond to our concerns on a timely matter for sure . In Vegas this summer I was talking to Tony from Go flight and when I asked him  about the interface tool  and set up's and he told me he knew not much about it and it was all done over at  Polly Pot ,.I just wish they had more sample pictures cause I've spent hours apon hours trying to set up switches .