Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Poll: Your civilian simulator of choice and the future

What is your PRIMARY position on your civilian simulator of choice and future use?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. What is your PRIMARY position on your civilian simulator of choice and future use?

• Xplane is definitely my favourtie sim and/or i'm too heavily invested to change
    • P3D is definitely my favourite sim and/or i'm too heavily invested to change
    • I use both sims but spend more time in P3D
    • I use both sims but spend more time in XPlane
    • I exclusively use P3D but am considering changing to another
    • I exclusively use Xplane but am considering changing to another
    • I prefer Aerofly2 to the other options
    • I use FSX exclusively but will be changing
    • I use FSX exclusively and won't be changing

7 hours ago, ErichB said:

As it comes down to which is your primary sim of choice, the reason is largely irrelevant. And/or in this case qualifies.  Paleeesee keep up

Then that should have been the question, without the  add-ons...Sorta like...Ahhh forget it...Who cares...!!  :blush:

I've come to determine that of P3D, XP and AFS2 that each have their own use for me. I see P3D as the sim that best let me "play" pilot, XP as the sim that best lets me "practice" as being a pilot and AFS2 as the sim that best allows me to fly VFR.

I say play for P3D because of such addons like FSEconomy, FSPassengers, GSX and I enjoy to fly a variety of planes from the Cub to a B377 in it. Where in XP I limit myself to a C172 and C210 (with REP) and the Bell Jetranger. That said, the features of XP with its ability to allow me a button to push to ident while on PilotEdge, the ability for me to click my mic 5 times quickly and connect and disconnect from PilotEdge and the overall feel of XP allows me to be highly immersed in VR without not having to go outside of the hood really once I start a flight.

With AFS2 and its photo-real, sloped runways and amazing crisp fps, doing real VFR flights using the ground poi checkpoints and no GPS is a new thing for me. Additionally, AFS2 models ridge lift and thermals in a way that I have a lot of fun taking off out of KEGE in one of the Bi-planes with the winds set on the higher scale, climbing to say 8,000 feet and then switching to the glider and just enjoying gliding. 

As far as the future goes, I see myself slowing down on buying for P3D with the exception of A2A planes. Instead, I would rather re-buy the products that I have in P3D for XP and AFS2 with focus on using it inside the PilotEdge coverage area or for fun x-country flights.

15 hours ago, Ident said:

As far as the future goes, I see myself slowing down on buying for P3D with the exception of A2A planes. Instead, I would rather re-buy the products that I have in P3D for XP and AFS2 with focus on using it inside the PilotEdge coverage area or for fun x-country flights.

P3D is my main sim, simply because it has the most content (with addons) but I stopped buying addons for it. Maybe I will buy another study level plane for it in the future but I'm done buying scenery for it, simply because I don't fly in P3D for the scenery (anymore). I only fly in Norway (with AoN) and use lowered settings so 1. performance is pretty good while 2. scenery looks okay during take off and landing. When I am flying high I don't mind if the scenery down there is just empty landclass scenery. I do care about the sky I am flying through though but right now AS and SF (and PTA) are doing a great job there so... no need for any new addons here for some time.

If I buy scenery it would be for AFS2, and then I am mainly thinking about TrueEarth sceneries: I don't really care that much anymore for airport scenery, specially after seeing how much TrueEarth scenery I can get for the same kind of money as one airport costs. However, AFS2 performance suffers with TrueEarth (terrible long stutters) so I am not too sure about it anymore. Besides, I get bored very quickly when I just fly around in a C172 while sightseeing... and nothing else to do... Bored and annoyed too, by all those fake cardboard houses down there. 

I even started to think about installing XP again and getting TE GB for it but well... it would be just another sightseeing sim for me and I just know I'd get bored with it too. 

So for now I simply enjoy what P3D offers me. For now I'm good. I'll see whatever the future may bring. I am happy to switch to any sim as soon as it offers more than P3D does. But that'll take some time.

21 hours ago, J van E said:

If I buy scenery it would be for AFS2, and then I am mainly thinking about TrueEarth sceneries: I don't really care that much anymore for airport scenery, specially after seeing how much TrueEarth scenery I can get for the same kind of money as one airport costs. However, AFS2 performance suffers with TrueEarth (terrible long stutters) so I am not too sure about it anymore. Besides, I get bored very quickly when I just fly around in a C172 while sightseeing... and nothing else to do... Bored and annoyed too, by all those fake cardboard houses down there. 

I can't wait for TE GB to come along for P3D, it will be amazing.

S.

Edited by simbol