Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Unable to load P3D V4

Hello Norman

That's unfortunate.

On 12/21/2018 at 10:36 AM, NormE5173 said:

I am going to park it for now then re-format the disk and try again

I have 324GB of files in the P3D directory of which 108 are Obex scenery addons

There is no need to reformat your disk (For now anyway)  Just Uninstall & Reinstall Prepar3D as this may resolve your situation.

Also do not manually delete any Prepar3D files or Add Ons in your core Prepar3D folder,  Most Add Ons can survive a complete Prepar3D uninstall & reinstall

As I said just Uninstall Prepar3D through the Windows control panel and then reinstall again.  Then launch Prepar3D and test,  If this works we can then discuss  your Add Ons 

On 12/21/2018 at 10:36 AM, NormE5173 said:

When I delete P3D can I do so without deactivating the licence?

Follow these steps and you wont need to reactivate again when you reinstall Prepar3D 

1) First: Deactivate Prepar3D by uninstalling the Client only,  Follow This Link for steps to deactivate Prepar3D 

---

2) After this: Uninstall the rest of Prepar3D,  Note: You will now be missing the Client entry as seen below,  Follow the steps regardless  

Navigate to your Control Panel  "programs and features"  Right Click on  Prepar3D v4 Academic \ Professional  Click Uninstall,  Follow the prompted steps to complete the process 

When completed restart your computer... 

34850622610_cb1cf9f220_o.png

---

3) Reinstall Prepar3D again by right clicking on the on Setup_Prepar3D.exe and Run as administrator

Note: Before you run the Installer, Temporarily Disable your Antivirus Software and Firewall for the duration of the Install process only,   If you are using Windows Defender Turn Off  "Real Time Protection"  in the Defender user interface.

When the Install process has completed restart your computer and activate your security settings again

---

4) To give you a fresh start run the delete generate files command,  Navigate to your core Prepar3D v4 folder,  Scroll down a bit, Double left Click on the file Delete Generated files,  A small black window will appear and then disappear again,  this is normal

Then launch Prepar3D and test,  As i said If this works we can then discuss your Add Ons

If not,  You may need to do a clean uninstall of Prepar3D (Remove all Add Ons from the core folder) 

Let me know how you get on