Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Unable to load P3D V4

Hi All,

I just purchased some scenaries meant for P3d V3 and installed on my V4.3 and now i cant seem to load the P3d. It remains on the Main UI .I have to end task in order for me to exit it. Any suggestions on what i can do to resolve this please. Really need urgent help pls!

Thank you

Well...for starters...v3 stuff is not always compatible with v4!

Read also this pinned topic:

In most of the cases, if the developer does not specify his addon can be used with v4, then it is not compatible. In some of the cases you have to do some manual steps to get v3 addons working with v4, but is not recommended.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Oh no,

Can i reinstall the client or scenery again ...will that help?

Hello 

Try this...

Click and Drag both the terrain.cfg and the scenery.cfg file out of the ProgramData location and onto your desktop

Now launch Prepar3D and test,  Does Prepar3D launch now ? 

A quick way of locating these files is to Copy the TEXT below and Paste it into your Windows search bar, This will bring you to the exact locations

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

• Like 1

Hi Poppet,

Will try later when I go home. At work and will report back. Thank you very much.

Regards

The best way to use P3Dv3 scenery is to install it to a dummy location, and then add it via the Lorby Addon Manager.  Using a non-P3Dv4 installer will often create problems.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Poppet,

Thank you very much for your assistance. Managed to fix it. So Glad.

Thank you again Sir.

Regards

34 minutes ago, Gizmo05 said:

Hi Poppet,

Thank you very much for your assistance. Managed to fix it. So Glad.

Thank you again Sir.

Regards

Poppet is one a of a few ladies we have here in our community!

We're all in love with her here!  😍

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yes, Poppet is awesome.  She's helped many simmers recover from "Oh no, what do I do now?"

Hi Poppet,

My apologies,I didn't know you were a her. So sodry ma'am and thank you again.

Regards

Hi Poppet

I have the issue of the Splash Screen hanging in P3D V4.3. It was going great until I installed I think it was 20 airports last week, I neglected to run the sim after every install.

I have tried just about every fix I can find on the forum including your one about dragging the .cfg files to the desktop, all to no avail.  I have 324gb of files in my P3D directory I would rather not delete them and start again if I can possibly help it. Can you suggest  any other remedies before I hit the delete button.

By the way I am in Navigraph's over 70 demographic, whilst I can find my way around a PC I am a long way from being a super user.

Not sure if this info is of any use to you, in task manager with just the Splash Screen showing on the PC its showing Memory use of 46.9 mb with 0 CPU. I have 16 Gb of Ram I would not have thought memory was an issue.

Many thanks

Hello 

Have you tried this post below ? 

On 10/17/2018 at 9:21 PM, Poppet said:

Click and Drag both the terrain.cfg and the scenery.cfg file out of the ProgramData location and onto your desktop

Now launch Prepar3D and test,  Does Prepar3D launch now ? 

A quick way of locating these files is to Copy the TEXT below and Paste it into your Windows search bar, This will bring you to the exact locations

Try these steps one by one and test (In this order)

Let me know which step (If any) works

1)  Regenerate the Prepar3D.cfg file and Shaders folder,  Follow This Link for more Information. This will not effect your Add Ons

---

2)  Regenerate the 3 files in This Link,  Then launch Prepar3D and test,  Again this will not effect your Add Ons.

---

3) Navigate to the location below and Click and Move these 2 blue folders out of this location and pop them onto your Desktop.  This will temporarily disable these Add Ons

Note: Do not Copy these folders,  Ensure you Move them out of this location

PC ► Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

After this step launch Prepar3D and test again,  Does Prepar3D launch now ? 

Please see This Link for a short video

---

4)  Right click and Rename both of the dll.xml files located below,   This will temporarily disconnect your Utility Add On's from Prepar3D.

Just add OFF to the end of each file and Save it 

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - dll.xml

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - dll.xml 

A quick way of locating these files is it Copy the 2 set's of Text below and Paste them into your Windows search bar,  One by One and click on the result,  this will bring you directly to the correct locations

Right click and Rename both dll.xml files,  Then launch Prepar3D and test 

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Try them steps and let me know which works (If any) and i will walk you through the rest

Hi Elaine, thanks so much for your swift response, I followed your instructions to the letter but unfortunately none  of them worked.  Are there any other possibilities ?

Regards

Norman

Hello Norman

Here is some additional steps you can try...

1) Temporarily disable your Antivirus Software and Firewall, Then launch Prepar3D and test.

If you are using Windows Defender Turn Off  Controlled folder access in the Windows Defender user Interface

---

2) Do you use the 3rd party Add On Reshade ?  If so, Uninstall this Add On, Restart your computer, then launch Prepar3D and test

---

3) Uninstall and Reinstall the Prepar3D Client Only.  (As you can see I have included clickable links for Images below)

I)   Navigate to your Control Panel right click on Prepar3D Academic \ Professional Client and click Uninstall

II)  The Windows programs and features box will appear,  Click  Yes to uninstall the Client

III)  You will now to given the Option to "Deactivate"  the prepar3D license,  Click No, The license will stay active so you will not need to reactivate again.

IV)  Reinstall the Client again, Navigate to your Prepar3D download folder, Right click on Install_Client.msi and click Install

Now launch Prepar3D and test 

---

4) Remove all USB Devices Including extra Monitors and USB sounds cards (Except keyboard and mouse)  Plug just 1 Monitor back directly into your dedicated GPU and then launch Prepar3D and test. If this step is successful plug each USB device back in one by one and test as you go along

Note: If you have USB Soundcards or FL Studio Installed please see the post below 

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=130636

---

5)  Last resort: Note: This process will disable your 3rd party Add Ons and return Prepar3D back to a close default state again

This Video will show you how to remove the 5 Prepar3D generated file locations. These files will generate again as default (No Add Ons)  when you launch Prepar3D next.

Follow the steps in the video then launch Prepar3D and test 

Note: First click and drag your scenery.cfg file to your desktop,  You might be able to use this file afterwards

If you are still having Issues after these steps,  Please list the following Information 

• Prepar3D version
  • Operating system
  • All add-ons installed (applications, scenery, vehicles, etc.) Note: List all Add Ons
  • Hardware (graphics card, CPU, RAM, displays, etc.)
  • Changes made to your system – overclocking, graphics accelerators (NVIDIA Inspector), debuggers
  • Changes to Prepar3D's settings or configuration files
  • Crash logs or error messages, Click Here for Instructions

Elaine, thanks for all your help but nothing has worked. I am really out of my depth now, as I said before my PC skills / knowledge are pretty basic. I am going to park it for now then re-format the disk and try again. As I said before I have 324GB of files in the P3D directory of which 108 are Obex scenery addons, downloading those will take the best part of a week.

When I delete P3D can I do so without deactivating the licence?

Regards