Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Is adverse yaw well modeled in P3D?

27 minutes ago, DJJose said:

You love giving advice. You should become a teacher. 😀

Just calling it how I see it.  Its not rocket science. 

Matt Wilson

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

Just calling it how I see it.  Its not rocket science. 

Maybe not rocket science...but aerodynamics for sure, which does involve pretty darn complex physics 😉

I signed up for an intro to aerodynamics course (for fun) that warned potential students of “bone-crushing” calculus. After starting the course, I haven’t been able to walk right since 😂

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

6 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Maybe not rocket science...but aerodynamics for sure, which does involve pretty darn complex physics 😉

I signed up for an intro to aerodynamics course (for fun) that warned potential students of “bone-crushing” calculus. After starting the course, I haven’t been able to walk right since 😂

LOL I can relate to some degree.  I've taken a couple courses in ultra sonic metal fatigue testing.  There was ALOT more math then I was anticipating. 

Matt Wilson

I think there was something about adverse yaw way back earlier in this thread? 🙂

I've been paying particular attention to the modelling of this on my last few flights. I like the idea - mentioned in an earlier post - of fixing your gaze on an object on the horizon, banking into a turn without rudder, and seeing how the nose of your plane moves initially in comparison to your chosen landmark.

Having being going through a bit of an X-plane phase in recent weeks, I tried it out on the Aerobask Robin DR40 and a couple of other planes, and it seemed to be modelled OK.

Someone who's flying P3D this week - particularly the A2A birds - should chime in. I'm pretty sure the A2A Commanche models it OK, but I think I'll go back and check.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Before we have the AVSIM boxing matches going on, I'm turning the key!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: