Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
hasse29

A small bug in 747-8

Recommended Posts

I accidentally discovered recently that you can fly high altitudes with packs off without anny issues. No warning, no release of oxygen masks as in 747-400. Just the white text informing that packs is off.


Mikael Johansson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please submit a support ticket so that this gets tracked because it will be lost in here.


Koen Meier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hasse29 said:

I accidentally discovered recently that you can fly high altitudes with packs off without anny issues. No warning, no release of oxygen masks as in 747-400. Just the white text informing that packs is off.

Not a bug.  If you expect to loss pressurization immediately it will not happen.. The outflow doors will be almost closed by the system on high altitude so any loss of pressurization will happen gradually. You can look at the EICAS pages and you will see the cabin altitude to rise slowly around 200 feet.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Not a bug.  If you expect to loss pressurization immediately it will not happen.. The outflow doors will be almost closed by the system on high altitude so any loss of pressurization will happen gradually. You can look at the EICAS pages and you will see the cabin altitude to rise slowly around 200 feet.

Ok, then I know 🙂


Mikael Johansson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ph-cxz said:

Please submit a support ticket so that this gets tracked because it will be lost in here.

Better to ask here first since I might be wrong (which was the case here) 🙂

  • Like 1

Mikael Johansson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hasse29 said:

Better to ask here first since I might be wrong (which was the case here) 🙂

Mikael,

Even you are wrong you can open a ticket, there is no harm on doing this 🙂

  • Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    18%
    $4,710.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...