Sign in to follow this  
Aviation_houston

P3D V4, Dxgi and invalid hardware errors

On 11/1/2018 at 3:19 AM, Aviation_houston said:

...I'm afraid of using ddu because i heard it messed up some peoples laptops, and I'm using the october update from windows, i don't know if thats the problem but I'm just letting you guys know that.

Hi mate: I'm using DDU for a couple of years now, and NEVER EVER had anything like uninstall-issues or somethin like that (playing P3D on a gaming laptop too).

Based on my own experience it's easy peasy to use; even it's developer is constantly updating this amazing freeware-tool.

But I ALWAYS obey some rules when operating DDU as adviced by its creator:

• Firts create a restore point manually.
  • Second: uninstall graphic drivers in SAVE MOD ever.

Ah, forgot something essential I've done for more than one year or so: 

• After getting sick off of all this Windows 10 annoyances I threw this OP System to the junk and remedied many of its issues (like unwilling updates etc...) by installing Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. 

Looking back I think this was one of the best "tweaks" I could have done.

Best regards.

Edited by KBUR
English is NOT my mother tongue.

Hi,

I also had this error for some time and nearly dropped P3d for that reason. I also had fears to edit my registry but what cured the problem for me was finally using this solution with editing the registry:

Found this solution on the internet, works for me 100% with P3Dv4.3 on Win10 64bit, Nvidia GTX1080ti and latest drivers. 
The problem: a thing called TDR checker monitors the computer’s hardware, particularly the GPU. When the GPU stops responding with the computer for 2 seconds TDR checker restarts the driver. The TDR checker was good on paper but did not work in the real world as a GPU can stop responding when it is working hard.
Here is the solution that worked for me, it requires an extra sub key entry into the Windows registry, so please only implement if you feel OK with editing your registry!

- Exit all Windows based programs,
- Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box,double-click regedit.exe from the results above.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation,
- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

I saw this fix mentioned earlier in this thread, but make sure you create a Qword (64bit) key for Windows 64 bit OS and NOT a Bword (32 bit) key because that wil not give the right result.

If you encounter a DXGI hung/removed error again please make sure that this key still exists in your registry!
It happened to me once that the key vanished after a Windows Update, resulting in the dreadful DXGI hung error once again.

Give it a try. It worked for me and I never got that error again. Here is also a video showing what to do. It is the same procedure mentioned above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWAVe1km_g

Cheers

Dirk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, redchiefnr1 said:

Hi,

I also had this error for some time and nearly dropped P3d for that reason. I also had fears to edit my registry but what cured the problem for me was finally using this solution with editing the registry:

Found this solution on the internet, works for me 100% with P3Dv4.3 on Win10 64bit, Nvidia GTX1080ti and latest drivers. 
The problem: a thing called TDR checker monitors the computer’s hardware, particularly the GPU. When the GPU stops responding with the computer for 2 seconds TDR checker restarts the driver. The TDR checker was good on paper but did not work in the real world as a GPU can stop responding when it is working hard.
Here is the solution that worked for me, it requires an extra sub key entry into the Windows registry, so please only implement if you feel OK with editing your registry!

- Exit all Windows based programs,
- Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box,double-click regedit.exe from the results above.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation,
- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

I saw this fix mentioned earlier in this thread, but make sure you create a Qword (64bit) key for Windows 64 bit OS and NOT a Bword (32 bit) key because that wil not give the right result.

If you encounter a DXGI hung/removed error again please make sure that this key still exists in your registry!
It happened to me once that the key vanished after a Windows Update, resulting in the dreadful DXGI hung error once again.

Give it a try. It worked for me and I never got that error again. Here is also a video showing what to do. It is the same procedure mentioned above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWAVe1km_g

Cheers

Dirk

ok i'll try this

5 hours ago, KBUR said:

Hi mate: I'm using DDU for a couple of years now, and NEVER EVER had anything like uninstall-issues or somethin like that (playing P3D on a gaming laptop too).

Based on my own experience it's easy peasy to use; even it's developer is constantly updating this amazing freeware-tool.

But I ALWAYS obey some rules when operating DDU as adviced by its creator:

• Firts create a restore point manually.
  • Second: uninstall graphic drivers in SAVE MOD ever.

Ah, forgot something essential I've done for more than one year or so: 

• After getting sick off of all this Windows 10 annoyances I threw this OP System to the junk and remedied many of its issues (like unwilling updates etc...) by installing Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. 

Looking back I think this was one of the best "tweaks" I could have done.

Best regards.

Ok if i keep getting the error i will try this.

Since I removed Nvidia Inspector, DDU'ed the driver and installed the latest one, I had 0 problems. Before that: tons.

And btw. been upgrading drivers normally also without issues.

No registry hacks, no card downclocking, no voodoo...

I think any kind of external "manager" or FPS limiter messes up the sim.

2 hours ago, SimonC said:

Since I removed Nvidia Inspector, DDU'ed the driver and installed the latest one, I had 0 problems. Before that: tons.

You should take his advice 😉

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!!