bbuckley

GMA340 Audio Panel

Hi Jean-Luc!

I'm a longtime RXP fan from GNS V1 in FSX to V2 in P3D.  If I recall right you had a GMA340 audio panel in V1 that was awesome.  Any plans to produce one for V2 / P3D?

Bruce

Edited by bbuckley

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your kind words!

When we've designed the GNS V2 we've decided not to include these gauges again for two reasons:

First, we were under the impression as time was passing by, many third party vendor would have caught up on these 'simple' gauges, they'd be ubiquitous and ours would be quite qualified as 'standard' we no special added value.

The other reason is just practical: lack of time and high quality materials (photos)!

Sure, our GMA did have some nice features like the real one though.

What do you think?

Understand completely. I always thought it was quite the bonus in V1 to have those gauges. I’ve installed a GMA that looks “OK” but the functionality isn’t great. The most significant shortcoming is not being able to monitor one com radio while transmitting / receiving the other. Great feature for picking up ATIS or monitoring guard that adds significantly to reality.   I was just curious but understand the priorities and problems. 

Thanks,

Bruce