Sign in to follow this  
williebarry1

P3D V4.3 issue

Recommended Posts

I have recently (less than a week) have gotten CTD when I open P3D and I have done all the P3D debugging steps so please DON'T recommend that. This is what i see in the event viewer: 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 25.21.14.1634, time stamp: 0x5bbe8275
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000b71eb3
Faulting process id: 0x2124
Faulting application start time: 0x01d47536a19ca17b
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_a5e9eb9bc021c27a\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: e4c34cc7-87e3-415a-bf88-d273288e416e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is a Nvidia driver, have you updated them recently? Have you changed something on the Nvidia Inspector?

Do you have Windows 7? Or Windows 10 and what video card do you have?

Regards

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

Well, if you did all the LM debugging steps, and the faulting file is Nvidia origin (and after a search, the problem doesn't appear to be widespread), I'd say the best course of action would be DDU in the safe mode and reinstall the newest driver.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, simbol said:

This is a Nvidia driver, have you updated them recently? Have you changed something on the Nvidia Inspector?

Do you have Windows 7? Or Windows 10 and what video card do you have?

Regards

Simbol 

That last update for GTX 1070 was in October no new updates since. I have Windows 10 and my Nvidia Intspector is still default.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Well, if you did all the LM debugging steps, and the faulting file is Nvidia origin (and after a search, the problem doesn't appear to be widespread), I'd say the best course of action would be DDU in the safe mode and reinstall the newest driver.

How would I do that?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, williebarry1 said:

That last update for GTX 1070 was in October no new updates since. I have Windows 10 and my Nvidia Intspector is still default.

Windows released some updates recently, try unistalling the Nvidia drivers and reinstalling as sometimes Windows push drivers updates and that could have corrupted something.

Regards 

S.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Windows released some updates recently, try unistalling the Nvidia drivers and reinstalling as sometimes Windows push drivers updates and that could have corrupted something.

Regards 

S.

Roll back the 1070 driver?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, williebarry1 said:

Roll back the 1070 driver?

Yes, if not totally remove the drivers and put them back again.

Remember to reboot for each change.

S.

Edited by simbol

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, simbol said:

Yes, if not totally remove the drivers and put them back again.

S.

I don't think its the 1070 driver because its only been a few days since i've had this problem and latest driver was installed on 10/11/2018.

Share this post


Link to post

The dll pointed out in the CTD is an Nvidia driver.

Best wishes,

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, simbol said:

The dll pointed out in the CTD is an Nvidia driver.

Best wishes,

Simbol 

I will give it a try.

update: I'm currently on the previous update of the 1070 released on 10/2/2018. how should i install new version?

Edited by williebarry1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, williebarry1 said:

I will give it a try.

update: I'm currently on the previous update of the 1070 released on 10/2/2018. how should i install new version?

Use the Nvidia auto update tool, it should be on your running task alerting about a new driver.

S.

Edited by simbol

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, simbol said:

Use the Nvidia auto update tool, it should be on your running task alerting about a new driver.

S.

Just as i was about to install the new driver, i got a blue screen that had message: Kernel Security Check Failure

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like you have either problems with your OS or hardware.

Try resitting the video card.

Regards 

S.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, simbol said:

Looks like you have either problems with your OS or hardware.

Try resitting the video card.

Regards 

S.

I installed the newest version for the 1070 and  also P3D crashed again with something different in the event viewer: 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: atc.dll, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3261
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005d859
Faulting process id: 0x1d00
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4754d0277dd7f
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\atc.dll
Report Id: 4db48669-f863-4b87-97e6-b1c56ae62224
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, williebarry1 said:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\atc.dll

That looks like an AI Model incompatible with P3D V4 -(FS9 version).

S.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simbol said:

That looks like an AI Model incompatible with P3D V4 -(FS9 version).

S.

I have FLAI , but it only works on vatsim and wasn't connected to vatsim.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, williebarry1 said:

I have FLAI , but it only works on vatsim and wasn't connected to vatsim.

Ok, it could be a boat, or any other AI.. have you installed anything recently in the last 72 hours?

S.

Share this post


Link to post

FLAI is the only one. I have uninstalled Ultimate Traffic Live yesterday, because that gave me CTD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, williebarry1 said:

FLAI is the only one. I have uninstalled Ultimate Traffic Live yesterday, because that gave me CTD. 

FLAI has some models that are FS9, although this should not affect things something could have gone wrong.

I suggest uninstalling it and leaving your Simulator without any of these tools to confirm they are not the root cause.

S.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, williebarry1 said:

ok, and how would I reset my video card?

I meant, opening your PC and checking the video card is not lose, etc.

Remove the power, unplug the video card and plug it again.

S.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, simbol said:

I meant, opening your PC and checking the video card is not lose, etc.

Remove the power, unplug the video card and plug it again.

S.

ok

Share this post


Link to post

It's returned: 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.3.29.25520, time stamp: 0x5b2c3263
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 25.21.14.1634, time stamp: 0x5bbe8275
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d672c9
Faulting process id: 0x1eec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4755572bb237d
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f4187dc256a67a6b\nvwgf2umx.dll
Report Id: cb9e493b-8da1-4982-b156-a89e1a538fbc
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this