Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

P3dV4 Will not Start after Fresh Install

Hello - I am at a complete loss here. I just did a complete resintall of P3dV4 and cannot get past the splash screen. The little wheel just keeps turning but never ends. I did watch a video where you remove a couple of folders and and deleted generated scenery, but that didn't work either. I have no idea how to proceed here. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

You could try reinstalling the client only.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I just did a complete resintall of P3dV4 and cannot get past the splash screen. The little wheel just keeps turning but never ends. I did watch a video where you remove a couple of folders and and deleted generated scenery,

Hello Pete

Have a look at there steps one by one

Did you remove all 5 generated file locations as seen from This Video  and then test Prepar3D ? 

Do you have the Windows app FL Studio or even external USB Sound cards ?   Have a look at This Post

---

Temporarily Disable any Antivirus Software you may, Then launch Prepar3D and test.  Note: If you using a software like BitDefender ensure you Temporarily turn off all Options and Modules 

If you are using Windows Defender temporarily Turn Off   "Real Time Protection"  then launch Prepar3D and test.

---

Confirm your dedicated graphics card is set to properly execute Prepar3D.  Some PC's and Laptops have dual cards, an on-board Integrated card and a dedicated high performance GTX \ AMD card.  

NVIDIA graphics cards:  Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, select Manage 3D settings, and set the Preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor

AMD graphics card:  Open the AMD Control Panel go to the Switchable Graphics tab,  browse and locate the Prepar3D.exe and set it for High Performance and click Apply.  Then to  Graphics > PowerPlay - Set Plugged In and Battery to Maximum Performance and Click Apply.  

Restart your computer when you have applied the changes.

---

As Howard has suggested, Uninstall and Reinstall the Prepar3D Client Only.

Navigate to your Control Panel right click on Prepar3D Academic \ Professional Client and click Uninstall

The Windows programs and features box will appear,  Click  Yes to uninstall the Client

You will now to given the Option to "Deactivate"  the prepar3D license,  Click No The License will stay active

Reinstall the Client again, Navigate to your Prepar3D download folder, Right click on Install_Client.msi and click Install

---

Reinstall or Update your graphics driver.  

Ensure you Tick the Box for  "Perform a clean Installation"   when you are prompted the option during the driver Install process 

Also you can use a driver cleaning utility like Driver Display Uninstaller to remove your old driver and then proceed to Install the driver again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, psolov said:

Hello - I am at a complete loss here. I just did a complete resintall of P3dV4 and cannot get past the splash screen. The little wheel just keeps turning but never ends. I did watch a video where you remove a couple of folders and and deleted generated scenery, but that didn't work either. I have no idea how to proceed here. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Pete

It could be one of yours add-on's, check the documets folder, look for the Prepar3d add-on's, make a backup of these and remove them.

Launch again, if it works one of your add-on's is preventing the start, add them again from your backup one by one launching P3D each time until you find the culprit.

Regards 

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

Off-topic, Elaine. Any assist on MT6a issue as per PM,please?

Thanks to all for your help, all is well now! I'm pretty sure it was a scenery issue.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot