tdeller

Loading several new airports at once

In the past (FS9), the advice I remembered from the experts was that it was important to load a new airport scenery area, then load Flight Sim, then close FS before loading another scenery area.

Is this a thing anymore? Is there any benefit to launching P3D between each scenery area installation? Or can I just install 10 of them and then boot up P3D and away it will go?

It seems like an arcane question -- and it would be, if I hadn't just rebuilt my P3D computer, necessitating reloading about 20 or 30 sceneries! 😉

Thanks,
Ted

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HI Ted, I recently got a new PC and re-installed several major add-ons in one hit. There did not appear to be any issue. Unless a specific scenery developer makes the recommendation that you restart the PC or run Prepar3D as part of the install or registration process, I can't see any problem.

• Like 1

Just keep in mind that if you install more than one scenery at a time, and P3D fails to launch properly, it will make trouble shooting much more difficult.  I usually never load more than 2 at a time, then will launch the sim, go to the new airport, and slew around in the default F22 to check for any obvious scenery issues.

• Like 1

Both great points/information above!

• Upvote 1

The troubleshooting point is a good one I hadn't thought of. That would apply to any number of changes being made to the sim. Always easier to track down if you know approximately when/where it started happening.

Thanks folks!