Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

Save up to 45% on Orbx products in the End of Year Sale!

1 hour ago, RamonB said:

Just run FTX Central. It will sort all ORBX products. Regions and Airports.

If You need to place ORBX entries below other addons, then use/set the insertion point.

Speaking as someone with every Orbx release, no it will not. The insertion point is for the FTX and LC scenery the VECTOR libraries are forcefully placed at the very top of your library and will wreck the scenery elevation points.

If someone else with every product installed can show placing Vector at the top does NOT produce anomalies almost everywhere especially with add on airports I would be glad to listen! Every time FTX runs I have to restore the correct scenery.cfg from back up to be able to safely taxi without falling off into 1000 feet chasms.

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

I just finished my collection of the NA Regions, sorry for asking but can you explain what the sorting should be and/or why it's important ?

Back to your question, if you ONLY own the regions and no individual airports then you should be ok. Let FTX Central do its thing and go fly. If something is wrong it will stand out like a monolith on the runway. Yes it will be that obvious!

It's mostly when you mix mesh/LC/vector and add on airports that FTX cannot cope. Especially if you mix third party mesh like FS Global (which OrbX actually recommend) with region mesh.

I just ran FTX 6 times in a row and 6 times without me changing a setting or adding/removing a product it wrecked my scenery.cfg by placing all the vector at the top.

Here are two very useful links with he same opinion:

http://c-aviation.net/fsx-scenery-library-order-orbx-global/

In both you notice VECTOR is installed way down the list. FTX always moves it to the top. So please do not trust it!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

39 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Speaking as someone with every Orbx release, no it will not. The insertion point is for the FTX and LC scenery the VECTOR libraries are forcefully placed at the very top of your library and will wreck the scenery elevation points. 

I ditched VECTOR a long time ago. 
So I didn't think about VECTOR. I believe what You wrote.

I'm aware of problems Central creates, and I agree it is very annoying.

39 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Back to your question, if you ONLY own the regions and no individual airports then you should be ok. Let FTX Central do its thing and go fly. If something is wrong it will stand out like a monolith on the runway. Yes it will be that obvious!

Nowadays I only install ORBX FTX Global, LC, Regions, Airports, Trees & AI.  + UTX Tropical America & Caribbean + UTX Europe. + Dozens of other Developers Airports. + Some of my own fixes. 

I have NO problems with Regions and all ORBX Airports I own (Many, but not all). I let Central do its thing.

UTX Tropical America & Caribbean + all other developer airports i own are above ORBX.
UTX Europe is Below ORBX (Because of the European regions, specially Germany)

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RamonB said:

I ditched VECTOR a long time ago. 

I can understand why, but once I disabled the CPU intensive stuff and removed tertiary and secondary layers the thing has been as solid as a rock and I never fly without it. My SCE has a BASE group and numerous add on groups for geographical areas. I put vector in the base group so it always runs, took a LOT of tweaking but it's sweet when its in the right place.

Sorry didn't mean to snap at you it's FTX Central messing my setup constantly that really annoys me so I had to jump in there!

I had UTX and GEX back in the day but Flight1 would not give me working install files when I rebuilt my current machine so I ditched them and moved all OrbX (plus 1 Aerosoft airport KDAB as it's my local and no OrbX in this boring state!)

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK