Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Zspd imaginesim for P3d v4

Recommended Posts

Regarding the issues with WSSS pictured above (I don't have that one just yet), it looks like the SODE jetways are displaced low, which suggests that perhaps there's an elevation correction file in the scenery that's not working.

I had this issue with their KLGA scenery--they had the elevation correction file in a folder named P3DSceneryWorldScenery under their KLGA LaGuardia P3Dv4 scenery folder, and an xml entry referencing it which did not work for me in P3Dv4.  I moved the scenery correction file located in that P3DSceneryWorldScenery folder to the scenery\world\scenery subfolder in my P3D v4 folder, and removed the Addon.Component section that contained the elevation correction from their add-on.xml file, and that fixed the elevation problems, including missing runway lights, jetways sunk below ground level, shimmering water plateaus etc.

I'm only guessing, but it might be there's a simiilar issue with the same sort of implementation of an elevation correction in WSSS causing your bleed through and too-low jetway heights.

Regards

 


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, w6kd said:

Regarding the issues with WSSS pictured above (I don't have that one just yet), it looks like the SODE jetways are displaced low, which suggests that perhaps there's an elevation correction file in the scenery that's not working.

I had this issue with their KLGA scenery--they had the elevation correction file in a folder named P3DSceneryWorldScenery under their KLGA LaGuardia P3Dv4 scenery folder, and an xml entry referencing it which did not work for me in P3Dv4.  I moved the scenery correction file located in that P3DSceneryWorldScenery folder to the scenery\world\scenery subfolder in my P3D v4 folder, and removed the Addon.Component section that contained the elevation correction from their add-on.xml file, and that fixed the elevation problems, including missing runway lights, jetways sunk below ground level, shimmering water plateaus etc.

I'm only guessing, but it might be there's a simiilar issue with the same sort of implementation of an elevation correction in WSSS causing your bleed through and too-low jetway heights.

Regards

 

Hi 

would this be the same issue with zspd??

 

thanks 

mike

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

would this be the same issue with zspd??

I don't think so.  There is a P3DSceneryWorldScenery subfolder in the ZSPD folder, but the only file in there looks to be a landclass bgl by its name and by where it's installed via the xml definition structure.

I'd look to an errant elevation correction in your Vector installation as the most likely cause, but also make sure you don't have an elevation file from another addon in scenery\world\scenery.  AFAIK, the previous version of ZSPD did not use an elevation file, either.

Third-party mesh could also be behind this, especially if you've set a mesh resolution that's higher than the source data, which can cause aberrant interpolations to distort the topography enough to poke through the ground flatten.  Try reducing your mesh resolution a couple notches if you're running 3rd party mesh.

Regards


Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I don't think so.  There is a P3DSceneryWorldScenery subfolder in the ZSPD folder, but the only file in there looks to be a landclass bgl by its name and by where it's installed via the xml definition structure.

I'd look to an errant elevation correction in your Vector installation as the most likely cause, but also make sure you don't have an elevation file from another addon in scenery\world\scenery.  AFAIK, the previous version of ZSPD did not use an elevation file, either.

Third-party mesh could also be behind this, especially if you've set a mesh resolution that's higher than the source data, which can cause aberrant interpolations to distort the topography enough to poke through the ground flatten.  Try reducing your mesh resolution a couple notches if you're running 3rd party mesh.

Regards

Thanks for the feedback

i do have freemesh x installed 

will try reinstalling vector also 

I believe 1.6 is available 

and also check the world scenery folder.

will report later.

thanks again.

mike

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, w6kd said:

I don't think so.  There is a P3DSceneryWorldScenery subfolder in the ZSPD folder, but the only file in there looks to be a landclass bgl by its name and by where it's installed via the xml definition structure.

I'd look to an errant elevation correction in your Vector installation as the most likely cause, but also make sure you don't have an elevation file from another addon in scenery\world\scenery.  AFAIK, the previous version of ZSPD did not use an elevation file, either.

Third-party mesh could also be behind this, especially if you've set a mesh resolution that's higher than the source data, which can cause aberrant interpolations to distort the topography enough to poke through the ground flatten.  Try reducing your mesh resolution a couple notches if you're running 3rd party mesh.

Regards

Thanks for the feedback

i do have freemesh x installed 

will try reinstalling vector also 

I believe 1.6 is available 

and also check the world scenery folder.

will report later.

thanks again.

mike

Share this post


Link to post

I have all of the above to no avail.

have no idea what’s going o.

rediculous

pay for a product and then try to figure out how to fix it.

wow 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, w6kd said:

Regarding the issues with WSSS pictured above (I don't have that one just yet), it looks like the SODE jetways are displaced low, which suggests that perhaps there's an elevation correction file in the scenery that's not working.

Might be, but no. I checked the SODE jetways, they are correct (you can see it on the pictures, the wheels of the SODE jetways are correctly on ground), nothing wrong there.

The problem: if it IS related to my VECTOR installation, I have no idea how to solve it. As the vector data covering those regions is usually about 20x20km, simply disabling it would help nothing but lead to errors around the airport.

I will check the mesh setting, as I use Pilots Global Mesh. But: why should I have to adjust something I never needed to adjust before? No other scenery shows this issue. Honestly, this makes me really angry, I had exactly the same issue back in the FSX days and discussed it for hours with the Imaginesim support and now, again the same bulls*. I really do not know why Imaginesim is obviously not capable of getting this right...


Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, I got a message from Imaginesim: I should reduce the water detail from "ultra" to "high". I will certainly try this, however this cannot be the final solution, that's simply ridiculous. I just checked my mailbox, I had exactly the same discussion with the Imaginesim support back in August 2016. So obviously, they were not capable to resolve this bug in their current release, what a bummer...


Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AnkH said:

Ok, I got a message from Imaginesim: I should reduce the water detail from "ultra" to "high". I will certainly try this, however this cannot be the final solution, that's simply ridiculous. I just checked my mailbox, I had exactly the same discussion with the Imaginesim support back in August 2016. So obviously, they were not capable to resolve this bug in their current release, what a bummer...

I’m still waiting on a response from them.

about zspd, I have tried all the above I have mentioned to try fixing it.

i am considering getting a refund. 

So upset about this.

Share this post


Link to post

Setting the water detail on "high" instead of "ultra" fixes the water puddles in my case on both ZSPD and WSSS. You might check that you also have the mesh complexity on 10m or below?

Anyway, turning down a setting for a product to be compatible and displayed properly is a no-go for me, sadly I did not know this before purchase, otherwise I might have reconsidered buying this products...


Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Setting the water detail on "high" instead of "ultra" fixes the water puddles in my case on both ZSPD and WSSS. You might check that you also have the mesh complexity on 10m or below?

Anyway, turning down a setting for a product to be compatible and displayed properly is a no-go for me, sadly I did not know this before purchase, otherwise I might have reconsidered buying this products...

That’s redicoulous that we have to alter settings in P3d to be compatible 

I am using freemesh x ,and is set at 2m  in v4 as advised by my flightbeam airports I believe.

never had any issues with other airports just zspd

will setting to 10m if that doesnt help

then I would like a refund.

which probably won’t happen??

 

Share this post


Link to post

If you have it below 10m, your mesh should be fine. And yes, it is ridiculous, I told the support, maybe they will fix it, who knows...


Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AnkH said:

If you have it below 10m, your mesh should be fine. And yes, it is ridiculous, I told the support, maybe they will fix it, who knows...

Is there a BGL file I can turn off for now?so I don’t have that water body overlapping around the edge of airport 

 

thanks 

mike

Share this post


Link to post

Nope, no BGL to be deactivated.


Greetings, Chris

Intel i7-8700K@5.0GHz, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Prepar3D 4.5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    22%
    $5,540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...