Sign in to follow this  
Pluto7777

Nav aids

Quick question,  with my P3DV4 i use Aerosoft airbusses and also FSLabs 320, i pay a subscription to Navigraph AND also i pay to NavDataPro, is it a kind of silly to pay for both or not ?

neither influence navaids "directly" .... what do you mean (you subscribe to navigraph/navdata for charts / airacs, not navaid "updates")

is that the question ?

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

You're paying for two different things, so not paying twice 😉

Your Navigraph subscription gives you the latest NavData for all your addons (e.g. for any FMC) and the NavDataPro is really changing your sim-navaids to the correct frequency etc.

So it would not be nice to have the latest Navigraph cycle and then you cannot tune the ILS-frequency for the approach, because the airport doesn't have the correct ILS corresponding to the latest Navigraph-data.

Hope it is clear what I wanted to say. Nevertheless you will need an active Navigraph subscription when you're using NavDataPro and updating it.

• Like 1

Marc Weber

1 hour ago, Mischung said:

You're paying for two different things, so not paying twice 😉

Your Navigraph subscription gives you the latest NavData for all your addons (e.g. for any FMC) and the NavDataPro is really changing your sim-navaids to the correct frequency etc.

So it would not be nice to have the latest Navigraph cycle and then you cannot tune the ILS-frequency for the approach, because the airport doesn't have the correct ILS corresponding to the latest Navigraph-data.

Hope it is clear what I wanted to say. Nevertheless you will need an active Navigraph subscription when you're using NavDataPro and updating it.

I think you're getting confused between NavDataPro and fsAerodata. NavDataPro is an Aerosoft product and it provides very similar functionality to the Navigraph FMS updates. It does not alter or update the underlying NAV frequencies in the sim. If the OP is purchasing both Navigraph and NavDataPro then that is not a sensible approach because they are paying for duplicate data.

fsAerodata requires a Navigraph subscription to use, but it does update the in-sim NAV frequencies.

So Navigraph subscription + NavDataPro subscription is not a good idea.

Navigraph subscription + fsAerodata subscription could be a good idea depending on what the OP is trying to achieve.

OMG. Thanks Matthew for correcting me 🙈🙈🙈

Of course NavDataPro is exactly the same as the Navigraph subscription. Really mixed this up...

Sorry for that...

Marc Weber

OK guys thx for info, so i better keep Navigraph and take fsaerodata instead of Navdatapro ? these will also update FSLabs airbus then ? In the past i had some issues with ILS not working at some airports because of incorrect frequencies...