Sign in to follow this  
KrisJ

Just Flight Vulcan released

Released. Just cannot find in the description what kind of navigation to do oceanic runs is installed. 

I am sure that Chock will be along shortly with a detailed review :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Looking forward to that. :smile:

9 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Video coming shortly 🙂

In the meantime, I can tell you that whilst some people (including me) thought it seemed a tad overpriced, I went for it anyway. As much as I did kind of balk at the price a bit at first, as soon as I actually got my hands on the thing after having bought, downloaded and installed it (in P3D V4.4), I could see why it wasn't on sale at the more typical JF price point.

This is a very different offering from most of their stuff; a much more in depth and serious treatment of the real thing which goes way beyond merely being a pretty lookalike. This thing has real depth to it in terms of what is simulated, and it becomes readily apparent when you see this, that the price tag is justified.

The AVRO Vulcan is an aeroplane I grew up with. I live just a couple of miles from where they were developed, built and flight tested, in fact I drive past the entrance to the AVRO Museum on that same site every day on the way to feed my horse which is stabled in the fields near the aerodrome site. As a kid I saw - and heard (Vulcans are unbelievably loud) - the things regularly flying near to me all the time and nowadays as a big kid, I see a preserved one at that museum site regularly too. I've lost count of how much I've donated over the years toward the preservation and upkeep of various Vulcans; even my keyring on my car keys has a little pewter Vulcan on it lol. So as you can imagine, I was always gonna buy this add-on anyway, regardless of its cost, but I must say I'm very pleased that it justifies the price tag, but of course not everyone has the Vulcan in their blood to this extent, so I do think that its price, compared to previous JF offerings, might potentially put some people off, but I hope not, because that would be a shame; they'd be missing out on something a bit special as far as attempts to emulate the real aeroplane are concerned.

Pretty much every switch works in that VC; the systems which underlie those switches have been simulated in a considerable detail, not least the Vulcan's advanced and fairly complex flight control system, which was, in some respects, an early precursor to the FBW systems of much later aircraft. Thus it is one of those sim aeroplanes where if you don't know what all those switches do, you probably won't even get the thing powered up properly, much less off the ground. So if you like your aeroplanes complicated, where the switches actually do stuff, and where you might have to actually read a lot of the 80 page PDF manual to learn how things work, then this one is going to be right up your street.

But, you won't have to take my word for it; as I say, look out for a bit of a video of it from me soon.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here