Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

Can Orbx TE-GB South Scenery be moved ?

Hi, I recently downloaded and installed "Orbx True Earth GB South" Scenery, and was amazed how much disk space it takes up. Just 3 files = 125+ GB !!. If I get the other 2 parts they are planning to release, it could be around 400 GB, just for GB. Can anyone say if these Orbx files can be moved outside the "Custom Scenery" folder, just like "Ortho4XP" tiles can be read from another disk via shortcuts, or am I stuck with getting yet another bigger hard disk.

Appreciate any suggestions.

John. 

You could create a symbolic link.

The real folder would be on another drive, but Orbx Central and P3D would treat it as if it was in the correct location.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes it can just move the folders to another drive and create shortcuts of those the folders in your custom scenery folder.  

My example:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK F:\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/

full.png

• Like 1

I Have tried this and it works fine the only problem is that FTX central has the message above Great Britain South     Not installed, not sure how to fix this.

It works if you create a symbolic link. For example:

mklink /J "d:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos" "h:\Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos"

Edited by jt8d9a