Sign in to follow this  
michaelfairburn

No Audio

Hi Bryan,

All of a sudden I'm not getting any speech audio either from the FO or the cabin crew. The cabin crew 'ping' sounds can be heard when they answer any request, but novoice. Alos, the FO will carry out any action I give him and will respond to checklist commands, but I get no verbal response from him. I have uninstalled and reinstalled FS2CREW twice now, including rebooting in safe mode to ensure that all folders in P3D folder have gone, but to no effect. I installed P3D v4.4 yesterday and until half way through a 4-hour flight today it's all been fine. Any idea what's going on here? 

Mike

2 hours ago, michaelfairburn said:

Hi Bryan,

All of a sudden I'm not getting any speech audio either from the FO or the cabin crew. The cabin crew 'ping' sounds can be heard when they answer any request, but novoice. Alos, the FO will carry out any action I give him and will respond to checklist commands, but I get no verbal response from him. I have uninstalled and reinstalled FS2CREW twice now, including rebooting in safe mode to ensure that all folders in P3D folder have gone, but to no effect. I installed P3D v4.4 yesterday and until half way through a 4-hour flight today it's all been fine. Any idea what's going on here? 

Mike

Hmmm, if it happened out of the blue, that makes it a bit tough.

What's your Crew Accent set to on the Secondary Panel?

Hi Bryan,

Crew accent is set to US1, but I've tried the others to no effect. I'm a little concerned that reinstalling (twice) hasn't helped. I've removed the product (and the Dash-8 too) using REVO Uninstaller and cleared any trace of folders by restarting the system in safe mode (incidentally, you can't remove the Docs folder without booting into safe mode as even running PowerShell as admin you can't remove it)

Mike

Hi Bryan,

Audio test produces no output. I've just updated the audio drivers as part of the nVidia graphics driver, but no change. HS is working with all other PC audio, including P3D if I route the audio through the HS

Mike

9 hours ago, michaelfairburn said:

Hi Bryan,

Audio test produces no output. I've just updated the audio drivers as part of the nVidia graphics driver, but no change. HS is working with all other PC audio, including P3D if I route the audio through the HS

Mike

I suspect it's your audio drivers.

Can you revert to the original drivers that ship with Windows.

Hi Bryan,

Further update. The FO was responding just fine until about 2 hours into a 4 hour flight, then nothing. He still completed the appropriate actions on command, but there's no verbal response to any of the checklists or commands

Mike

Are you using a USB headset?  Are you using a USB hub?  Hubs are not ideal as they can go to sleep.

Try using a different port on your computer, then re-train your voice again.

Your headset is disconnecting from your computer... all it takes is for it to drop off line for a micro second and then you'll loose your audio connection.

Did you try the audio reset function on the Audio page?

I've just recently had this issue and I could link it to a USB headset.

When using the reset function then there is a 90% chance of a crash.

I've to admit though that FS2Crew is an extremely vulnerable program and any change of hardware, eg, you disconnect the USB headset, results in a complete failure - like having no more Audio. When I then reset the sim it immediately ctds.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

There are other audio engines out there.  Thing is I never have a problem with dropped audio, nor do the 99 percent of our user base.

On my computer, I can pull out my USB headset, then plug it back in and the audio will still be there.  It's strange, computers don't uniformly act the same way.

Early you mentioned you lost your audio totally, but then fixed it by updating your Nvidia drivers.

Can you revert to the original Microsoft audio drivers.

Also, check your power settings... ensure your USB ports aren't going to sleep.

So, I reverted to an earlier nVidia driver and all seems fine - for now. I haven't tested it on a longer flight, but on a 1.30 flight everything worked. I'll monitor and see what happens next time I do a longer flight

Mike