G-YMML1

New PC and tactic for PMDG universal backup

Hello,

I'm moving to the new PC build very soon and I'm wondering what is the best tactic for backup meaning than I need to save all the textures and *сfg files. Is it ok if I merely save aircraft.cfg files and then all panel configuration files + liveries later? 

Thank you,

Dmitry Toropov

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

36 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Hello,

I'm moving to the new PC build very soon and I'm wondering what is the best tactic for backup meaning than I need to save all the textures and *сfg files. Is it ok if I merely save aircraft.cfg files and then all panel configuration files + liveries later? 

Thank you,

Dmitry Toropov

save your ENTIRE P3D root>PMDG folder AND your ptp livery files.

After installation, run the ops centre to install your liveries. If it asks you about existing livery installations (shouldn't be the case in a new build), ignore it doesnt matter.

you can paste your livery options, aircraft hours, keyboard shortcuts and options from the PMDG folder (assuming its the same version PMDG aircraft).

Edited by captainsazzman
  • Like 1

First thing first if you do not plan on using the old PC at all. Load each planes (either the base or an extansion one) and then go in the FMC to deactivate the licence you only need to do eat on one of each aircraft type, for example disabling in the 737-800 disables also the 737-600/-700 exapansion.

Personnally I've not backed up anything more than my installs, but it's true you could keep the PMDG folder that keeps tracks of the hours and ini files as well as options for each type more specifically the PMDG 737 NGX, PMDG 777X and PMDG 747 QOTS II folders. The Flightplans folder could be usefull but the rest will be installed with the installers anyway. There are still some DLLs there so I would not backup the whole folder just in case.