Sign in to follow this  
flightdynamics

Darkness problem P3D v4.4

Hi all,

I've just updated to P3D v4.4 and installed the latest version of PTA and Matt's Dec preset. I've loaded in at Manchester and straight away, most things I notice are now black. See screenshots below, aircraft is black, wing is black, the VC is totally black, can't see where the switches are, the scenery on the ground looks pretty, you've guessed, black. lol. I kinda know it's a lighting thing that needs tweaking but I have no idea what specific setting this is, it's too black for me, I need to make it a bit more lighter so I can see what's going on. 

http://prntscr.com/lqq3mb

http://prntscr.com/lqq4rp

http://prntscr.com/lqq54t

Kind regards,

Charlie

Edited by flightdynamics

Well yeah, I know it's that, I'm asking for the specific setting in which I need to alter, I don't know what effect each one is having on the sim. It looks amazing apart from the issue I'm having so I don't want to tweak anything incase I lose what already makes it look good.

Edited by flightdynamics

Step 1 is untick aircraft lighting and VC lighting. Apply preset, start sim and check if shading come back

If it does, the settings may be too aggresive. LM have reworked moonlighting for V4.4, so look at moonlight diffuse and ambient. Default value is one, so maybe change 0.1 at a time up or down, to get the effect you are after.

Diffuse is light direct from the sun/moon, ambient is the light bouncing around coming off other objects, not direct from the source.

Everything look OK during the day on your aircraft?

So I followed what you said above... turns out it wasn't PTA. I hadn't installed the dynamic lighting mod that came with the UK2000 scenery, which confused me as I don't use dynamic lighting anyway, but once I installed that it returned to normal. Thanks for the help though....

I had the same issue when updating from P3DV4.3 to P3DV4.4. The following change in Prepar3D.cfg as posted in the Prepar3D forum solved it for me.

I changed:

MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=True
to 
MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=False

under the [Graphics] section and the problem was gone.

See the following post on the forum:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131838&sid=aa75f5c569a3c82d793da22591fdfaa7&start=15

We enabled scaling of the ambient light based on moon phase. You can disable the moon-phase lighting in the Prepar3D.cfg: 

[Graphics]
MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=0

Hello,

Had the same issue after installing PTA on P3DV4.   Noticed that darkness problem weeks ago, though it was about external airplane textures.   But once i started Cold and dark cockpit airplanes, i noticed i couldn't even find the lighting buttons...

HVrsrUIiTO1wtp6daUHgs49giVTrzvTIvuo1vrJU

So reinstalled default shared and everything came back to normal....No more darkness

Though itll be important to share.  May be a PTA review is needed here in cooperation with LM, because this colours games sometimes is too aggressive or something need to be calibrated among V4 simulator, PTA and developers...... 

I will test the moon light phase thingy though...  😎👌

Happy flying!

Edited by Raphael_Chacon

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.