Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest EdrickV

Were you pressing the Alt key to make it go away? You have to hold it down for a few seconds for it to go away in fullscreen mode. If that's not working you might want to check to see that:HideMenuFullscreenis set to 1 in the FSX.cfg file."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

The more I've used the demo, the more I'm actually liking having to hold down alt to get rid of the menu.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest rafaelds

>>If that doesn't work, then it could very well be your video>card. the FX5200 is a bit old and might not support Shader>2.0. You could try setting your water effects to 1 Low and see>if that helps.>It won

Rafa,Perhaps you should take a look at the readme. These were mostly if not all known issues before the demo was released and will supposedly be fixed in the final release. I'm sorry you spent so much time trying to fix the issues.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest LenB

In case it hasn't yet been mentioned, in the cockpit view of the ultralight the visual movement of the control bar to control pitch is the reverse of what it should be. It should be: Push away from the body to go up, pull towards body to go down. The external views are ok. Len

Guest westes

>Ok guys, the ACES team is going to go nuts trying to follow>400 different threads so let's try to make life easier on>them.So ACES will go less nuts trying to follow 400 threads inside of a single post?! Where do you figure that this makes anything easier to read? Why not have an FSX Demo forum, and only bugs get posted there, one per thread?

Guest westes

Here are what appear to be two different positioning bugs in VC mode, when combining seat positioning with viewing. Here are the steps to duplicate:1) Load Aircreations at Juliana2) Hit the minus key ( - ) to zoom back as many times as necessary until RPM gauge comes to view3) Adjust zoom slightly by shift plus (shift-+) until the bottom edge of the screen is just below the default rpm value.4) Now view to the left with shift four (shift-)5) Hit a quick key to restore to the original view (shift-)Now there are two problems:bug: You can no longer use the full range of zoom. Attempt to duplicate the sequence in 1) through 3) above. They no longer zoom out beyond a value that is short of the desired range.misdesigned feature: The quick key to restore should probably return the user to the forward view (not changing any modifications made to zoom or vertical and forward adjustments in seat position). If the user is going to go to the trouble to reposition such things, they need to become the baseline that you return to, otherwise these features in the product are unusable. You spend two minutes to adjust such things, and the first time you glance to the side you undo all that work when you quickly return to default forward view.

Given that people want all issues posted in one place, I posted this elsewhere, but will copy it here.These are my system specsDell Lattitude D810 64MB ATI Mobility X300 1 GB mem 80 GB 7200 rpm disc 1.83 GHz Pentium M (equal to a 2.1 Pentium or so). My screen resolution is set at the native display resolution of 1920x1200x32.I have found that the performance of my addon aircraft is significantly better in FSX than in FS9. If I turn off Autogen (because of the known bug), at Medium High settings plus increasing the texture resolution to 1m, I lock it at 15 fps and it is rock solid there. I could probably turn it up. If I turn up autogen 1 notch, I immediately lose about 7 fps, but after about 2 minutes it settles out and goes between 12 and 15 fps. You have to wait quite a while, but it eventually does settle out. I would really love to see a new version of the demo with the autogen fix. Given that, I believe FSX will, for the same value I get out of FS9 I will get at least as and more likely better performance.My two biggest concerns are that FS98 gauges are no longer supported (at least not by the demo), and so far I don't like the aircraft chooser menu. Also, the shore lines look pretty primitive. I am used to the UT series and Holger's stuff. Good thing is, if the quality of FS shorelines doesn't improve, the addons will be there to do it. Finally, I'm worried about the interaction of the new textures and the road systems. I really like having accurate roads, and like to have them all on. I'm afraid, however, that the new textures will make this look awful as they will probably have too many roads in them. We'll see. I know Alan Kreisman is working on a product which may have a big impact towards fixing this.The lack of support for FS98 gauges is a biggie. It means Bill Lyons' especially and many other addon aircraft I currently use will no longer have full panels. The second issue is pretty low on the radar, but I hope it can be fixed. Hopefully it's not done yet. In FS9 I have probably 80 addon aircraft loaded each with on average 4 or 5 variations or more. The interface does not remember my last filter settings, and none of my addon aircraft have thumbnails. Unless an automated tool is created to make the thumbnails, I would much rather have a text interface like before, and the 3D image up front like before. And it really needs to remember what the filter was set to before. An option to turn off the thumbnails and switch to list view would be nice, similar to the classic explorer interface.A fix for those trying to import aircraft. Many of the textures on Bill's Quad City Challenger weren't working. Turns out the FSX demo does not search in FSXtexture for aircraft textures. Once I moved all the textures from there to the aircraft's own texture folder, it worked fine. That's it so far. I've still got some exploring to do, haven't really tried the missions yet. But so far I am impressed and pretty happy. Overall, I'll think I'll buy it soon after it comes out, and that it will be quite usable right out of the box. I have no intention of improving my computer till probably late next year. I might do it sooner, but cash is a big issue right now.Thanks for the demo - it's awesome,Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest JuiceRabbit

When flying the CRJ700 if i switch to the 2d panel to adjust autopilot, as soon as I click on a knob it pauses for about 1 sec and seems to reload the panel. Then it will be fine, but if i switch to an external view and go back to the 2d cockpit view then again when i click the autopilot another 1 sec pause.Is this a bug, cause it sure is annoying. FSX demo... love it! :-jumpy

Guest EdrickV

Can't say I like or dislike the hold alt to hide the menu, but I do like the fact that the menu pops up in fullscreen mode a whole lot quicker then it does in FS9. The fact that it doesn't pause the sim will take some getting used to though."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest westes

When the ATC window is presented, all keyboard inputs to flight controls stop working. That has to be a bug. NEVER prevent us from flying the airplane while the simulation is running.

This may be a bug, usually the following setting increases the frames by at least 20%(+). It doesn't seem to improve anything in FSX:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=350Also the AVE_FRAME_RATE_DISPLAY=1 setting doesn't seem to work.

I tried turning on anti aliasing and while it did make the buildings look better, it also made the water flash and my system became unstable. I exited FSX and restarted and things were OK again.I should probably update my drivers but I really don't want to considering the fact that the last time I did - my system became unstable to the point where I had to reinstall windows. not good.Also - the program came as near to locking up as it could get withoutactually doing it today when I chose 'end flight' and the menu neverwas able to completely reassemble itself (missing 3D aircraft). I finallyworked the cursor up to the 'X' close program icon and got out of it.theres other ways but that was the least drastic.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest rafaelds

Wow.Even though I wanted to urgently try the demo, I read the readme file before. Just in case some important control keys had changed. But it seems my haste made me skip a lot of the text :)The opaque VC windows in 1.1 shader cards is indeed mentioned, I had missed it. Hope this and the other problems are fixed too.Thanks for pointing this out, Thomas. I feel a little more relieved now.Rafa

This very well could be a driver issue, but I notice that when I do have AA on, if I exit the game and go back in before restarting, AA is gone. Changing the setting in game (gasp) or in the ATI CCC doesn't effect it. It's just gone until I reboot, then it's good for one run through the game.Radeon 9600 Pro, 128MB, Catalyst 6.6 (I know, I know, the 6.7's are out)