Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Stil getting horrible FPS with 4.4 on a good PC..

Wow 😮 what a read that was.

So much time given.  😞 

Am out too.........

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 12/10/2018 at 2:03 PM, mustiej said:

Hi,

I'm using P3dV4 with addons like PMDG 737, Orbx NA, OpenCL, SC, Rex4, UTL and GSX on FSdreamteam&sim city x KLAX but I'm getting very low FPS(0-20fps) because of the load my CPU is getting.

My system is gtx 1080, i7 coffelake, 16gb ddr4. I tried lowest to ultra settings and that didn't work.. Other major cities anc airports I usually get 20-30FPS on high settings which is still pretty BAD considering the addons isn't that heavy on the scenery..

I then updated to 4.4 with clean install meaning not a single addon installed, completely fresh P3D 4.4 and I was getting about 20-30fps with a default f22 raptor on active runway in KLAX with half cloud half sun weather..

Note: I also removed SoCal as they suggested with fsdt klax but that didn't make any difference

Any idea's?

Man, you're telling me! 

I have almost fully maxed out settings on my PC. (i7-8700 not overclockable, GTX 1070) and framerate is pretty bad in the PMDG 747-8.
However, this is normal to have such terrible framerate. I did a test with the same computer, however, ALL scenery sliders in "World" i turned down to the lowest possible setting. Even decent settings tend to have garbo framerate with PMDG planes added into it.
And, although all I could see was FSDT KLAX and a few blurry hillsides, framerate was about ~50FPS with the PMDG 747. (And UTLive with 100% commercial aircraft and 0% GA aircraft.)
30 FPS is almost impossible in dense areas especially when you take into account you're putting settings with addons like PMDG or ORBX. 
Although I run P3D v4.3, with the PMDG 747-400 cruising at 32000 with full settings, I'm managing 35FPS ~ 45FPS.
You'd also have to note that the CPU usage is around ~80% at max settings. I'm getting about 9 FPS at KLAX and that's totally understandable.
I just stay away from airports like KLAX, and if I'm dying to catch some SoCal sun, then I'll decrease settings a lot.
Even decent settings are hard to manage over 25 FPS at airports like KLAX or KJFK.

-Aaron

Edited by arwasairl

15 hours ago, arwasairl said:

Man, you're telling me! 

I have almost fully maxed out settings on my PC. (i7-8700 not overclockable, GTX 1070) and framerate is pretty bad in the PMDG 747-8.
However, this is normal to have such terrible framerate. I did a test with the same computer, however, ALL scenery sliders in "World" i turned down to the lowest possible setting. Even decent settings tend to have garbo framerate with PMDG planes added into it.
And, although all I could see was FSDT KLAX and a few blurry hillsides, framerate was about ~50FPS with the PMDG 747. (And UTLive with 100% commercial aircraft and 0% GA aircraft.)
30 FPS is almost impossible in dense areas especially when you take into account you're putting settings with addons like PMDG or ORBX. 
Although I run P3D v4.3, with the PMDG 747-400 cruising at 32000 with full settings, I'm managing 35FPS ~ 45FPS.
You'd also have to note that the CPU usage is around ~80% at max settings. I'm getting about 9 FPS at KLAX and that's totally understandable.
I just stay away from airports like KLAX, and if I'm dying to catch some SoCal sun, then I'll decrease settings a lot.
Even decent settings are hard to manage over 25 FPS at airports like KLAX or KJFK.

-Aaron

Yup, I'm staying away from KLAX and cloudy weather at heathrow too.

I'm always amazed at how many threads start like this and continue without anyone actually asking the OP what their P3d settings are.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

We need to re-evaluate how we look at FPS in v4.4.  I have always run unlimited in flight sim and get roughly 100fps in cruise and as low as 24 at a busy airport like KPDX.  The difference is the engine has been refined to the point where 24fps is perfectly acceptable and everything, including car traffic, other AC ect is smooth as glass.  NO JITTERS.  Landings are now a joy at every airport I've been to.

RTX 2080, 4K, Ultra settings

Cheers 
bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Well, to be fair you seem to be a much better PC then I do but I have my settings usually high/very high and besides KLAX or EGLL(depending on weather) I pretty much get 20-30fps on ground unless there is crazy scenery stuff going on.