Sign in to follow this  
Icarus

Real Air Spitfire in FSX...how?

I have successfully put in the Cessna 172 from FS9 into FSX, and it works great.My favorite "hand flyer" with superb sound and feel is the Real Air Spitfire (Racer Red texture). I have copied the entire gauges folder and entire texture folder from FS9 into FSX, and copied the Real Air Spitfire Racer into the Demo...however, my gauges don't show up. The plane is there, and the sound is there as well. What am I missing to get the gauges into the VC?Thanks, Stan

I suspect, realair used their own code for the VC guages instead of using MS Standards. Hence I doubt we'll be able to see it in FSX unless realair gives us an update.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

-Copy all textures from the FS9/texture folder named "RASSpitXIV_...." to the FSX Spit/texture folder.-Copy all (30) "VCRainmoving..." and "VCRainStopped..." from the FS9/texture folder to the FSX Spit/texture folder. This way the VC raindrops effects will work in FSX-You should also copy all "fx_RASSpit_..." effects from FS9 to FSX. Some will appear duplicated in FSX external views (like the nav lights), you should deactivate them by adding "//" in front of the entry line in the cfg file.Korber

Korber,That did it! Thank you very much. The "Spit" flies beautifully in FSX and it's a great plane for VFR flying. It's so involving with the sound and the VC. Just a phenomenal ride.I imagine putting the RealAir 260 SIAI Marchetti in FSX would be just about the same procedure. Right? Stan

Guest JohnEGPF

I,m using the Realair c172 as well, works great in FSX, and gives you great views of the 1m textures below, just wish I could hold a KE with it:).Love to see a RealAir do a Super Chipmunk ,I fly one for real but its just got a 65 inch wingspan:)John

Thanks Korber.Let me go try that out.Manny

Manny

>I imagine putting the RealAir 260 SIAI Marchetti in FSX would>be just about the same procedure. Right?Yep, same procedure for the 260 and Scout/Decathlon/Citabria. The Scout amphibian is the ideal aircraft to explore the FSX demo world :) All RA models look gorgeous and fly great in FSX.Korber

Korber,It worked as you mentioned for everthing..except the Spitfire, I don't have the attitude indicator/Horizon line.Any ideas?Manny

Manny

Manny, I have the aircraft in the demo, all well except for blank gauges. How did you install those?

I put the 260 in the demo quite succesfully, the only thing is, it's ever so slightly transparent. I can see the ground or water very faintly through the wings in VC view and through the body of the plane in spot view.John

Icarus,Read Korbre's first post here in the thread. I too got blank guages. And after doing what Korber said. I got everthing working (I think) except for the Spitfire Attitude indicator horizon line. Strange that is.Manny

Manny