Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Vertx VS Carenado: The DA62

@Chock, Sorry for resurrecting an oldish topic. I watched your video yesterday, very good. Despite the fact the Vertx isn't supported I'd like to buy it. But before I do one question about how the G1000 navigation database is constructed. Does it come with its own file which obviously would now be a couple of years old or does it scan your scenery files to build its database?

With it having a terrain map I was wondering if it might be able to read my FS Global files and produce a more detailed terrain map. Also, I've downloaded navaid updates from this site so if the aircraft does use the user's files it would mean the navaid files are more up to date.

It's not a make or break thing as I can inject a flight plan (including SIDs and STARs) into P3D using EFB v2.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

To quote Vertx: 'the Vertx G1000 uses the internal P3D airport and navaid database (so that) all installed third party airports and navaids are visible in the G1000. Third party database updates such as FSAerodata and Aero Sors are supported.'

Essentially, this gives you a 'best of both worlds' solution. In all honesty, it's probably one of the best 'all inclusive' add-on aeroplanes you can find for P3D in terms of bang for your buck. The Carenado model is ever-so-slightly more accurate dimensions wise, but you have to get really nerdy to spot that, so if you want the best 'realistic' Diamond Twin for a flight sim, the Vertx one is your bird, although in fairness, the Carenado one offers more cheap and cheerful fun, so depending on exactly what you want, neither disappoints.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

@Chock, thanks for the tip but as I already subscribe to Navigraph I’d rather not have to subscribe to a second just to keep the G1000 up to date.

Does it come with a fixed file of data that only a subscription to FSAerodata can update? No opportunity to scan my own updated BGLs etc.

After watching your video it’s the Vertex I’m after.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather