Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

Glide Slope warning

Just flew my first cross country, IFR from KBGR to KACY.  I really like this aircraft.  Quick question.  From almost the IAF to GS interception, I received a constant repetitive verbal warning of Glide Slope, Glide Slope .........  ATC (Radar Contact) had vectored me to the ILS Rwy 31 LOC and had me descend to 2000'.  My only thought was the warning was because the aircraft thought I was below the GS.  When I did hook on to the GS, which was almost to the OM, the warning stopped.  I guess I've never heard this before and am wondering where I can turn it off.  

Mike Nicholson, Jetline Systems PC, 4.20 Intel 4 Core i7-7700k CDU, Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card,  32722 mbs memory, Windows 10- 64bit, Prepar3D v4.4

FSW has fixed this for the next update based on how it works in the real a/c. To get a GS warning you will have to be:

1. At least 1.3 dots below or above the GS, and

2. have the flaps set at 20 or 48, and

3. have the gear down, and

4. be 1000ft or less AGL.

So this means that if the last three conditions are met you will almost always be inside the FAF on final approach.

In addition, the Below GS indicator above the pilot's ADI will function as a toggle switch for turning verbal GS warnings off. This should only be done during a visual approach in good weather.

Localizer warnings will have requirements similar to the above,  but there is no switch to turn off localizer verbal  warnings.

Al

Edited by ark

Thank you Ark.  Sure appreciate the detailed answer.  Yesterday, I flew the Falcon for the first time.  I had spent a couple days before making up my own checklist, checking out the v speeds, etc.  I took off from KBOI 10R, flew out and made a right turn back over the field.  I was watching the ADF getting ready to turn outbound on the 10R LOC.  I armed the BC as a lot of these sim aircraft won't ever intercept the BC.  This one did it just as smooth as could be.  I found the fix for the 750 not syncing the HSI course heading, and the ONLY other item I've run across is it seems like when leveling of at a given ALT that the altimeter kind of acts like it's sticking and you end up 10' or so above or below the set ALT.  This airplane just is extremely nice.  I've been waiting for it since I first saw it was being developed.  A great Christmas present.  Take care, Mike

lturn outbound on

10 hours ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

the ONLY other item I've run across is it seems like when leveling of at a given ALT that the altimeter kind of acts like it's sticking and you end up 10' or so above or below the set ALT. 

Well, the way I look at it is a 10ft 'error' at an altitude of 1000ft represents 1% accuracy, and at 10,000ft that is 0.1% accuracy. So all in all, not to shabby, especially when you consider that in most cases the FAA only requires the altimeter itself to be accurate to within about +- 75ft. And then of course the height of the Falcon50 itself is well over 10ft.   😉

Al 

Edited by ark