Sign in to follow this  
exstense

EFB no terminal charts

Everything works fine.... but I am not able to view the Terminal Charts on my tablet.
It states: Navigraph Terminal Charts cannot be viewed on yhis device due to license restrictions.
This is a big disappointment.

Hopefully am I doing something wrong.

It's probably my fault, I should have looked better on the 'view only' version.
I think it is / was wise if this had been better communicated.
Maybe that was done, but I missed it

Hi,

I understand your disappointment and hopefully it is will be resolved shortly. This is something that needs to be clarified between PMDG and Navigraph - it's out of my control. Feel free to check with PMDG if they have an ETA on this topic.

This limitation is mentioned in the ReadMe documentation - I guess you might have missed that chapter.

Maybe something to cheer you up - the EFB license is not limited to the 747 or even PMDG. As soon as other developers support it, your license will be valid.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

4 hours ago, exstense said:

Everything works fine.... but I am not able to view the Terminal Charts on my tablet.
It states: Navigraph Terminal Charts cannot be viewed on yhis device due to license restrictions.
This is a big disappointment.

There is one way to access the Airfield (terminal) charts with your tablet and that is to use one of the Navigraph Charts apps.  On the Navigraph website you can download their Charts App for use on either an iPad or an Android device.  If that doesn't work for you then try their Cloud App instead (Login to Charts Cloud at charts.navigraph.com.)  To quote Navigraph:- "Charts Cloud is a web based app that displays charts for flight simulator use on virtually any web-connected device, with special attention to touch interaction. Professional, current and worldwide Jeppesen charts are streamed instantly to the browser! Any browser running Charts Cloud can connect to your simulator via Simlink to enable moving maps. It has the same feature setas the other Charts apps".

When you save the charts or the screen captures you want to use for a particular flight in .pdf format they can then be transferred into the PMDG's EFB\DocumentsLibrary folder (although it's probably best to make a sub-folder first and save them there).  You will then be able to access and manipulate your own charts from within the EFB Documents tab.   This is a bit of a workaround because the EFB's documents are not handled in exactly the same way as the Navigraph charts when you want to see them, but it does work reasonably well.  It is perhaps also worth bearing in mind that the en-route Jeppesen charts which Navigraph supplies apparently don't work yet with the QOTS II EFB, only their Airfield charts.  You can even save parts of the en-route charts using this method, so that is a bonus which you might feel makes all of the effort worthwhile.

Edited by berts