Sign in to follow this  
jgar

FSX Beechcraft Aircraft Files

Look time AVSIM, since 08.15.04, first post.

It is possible to replace the Beechcraft Aircraft Files, or any other aircraft, in FSX with FS2204 Aircraft files, has anyone tried?

Having issues setting with the CH Throttle in the BK350 in FSX, they work fine in FS2004.

Appreciate any help.

Regards, 

Jesse

You do not want to mess around with any of the default aircraft files.  Like in FS2004, the files may be needed for other aircraft to operate.  I would simply add the aircraft to FSX and see what happens.  With DX10, it may not be able to render your DX9 aircraft textures.  Should be fun trying though!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks, was wondering if anyone has tried this before.  Trying to get FSX to work correctly in Windows 10 and have been using the BK350 as a set up default flight.  Everything works fine except that the throttle cannot just be calibrated correctly and taxing is a nightmare.  No problems in FS2004 with the BK350 or the CH Products controllers, Yoke, pedals, throttle quadrant and F16 joysitck. .  Will look for a BK350 to downloand and see how it goes.

Again thanks for your prompt response.

My configuration is:  W10 Pro, 64 bits, x64 processor, Intel Core i7-7700K Cpu  420GHz, 16GB DDR4, GTX1060 and over 1TB of HD.

regards,

Jesse

Have you tried setting the conditioning levers down towards fuel cutoff which is the low idle setting?

KingAir.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

jgar, CH's Control Manager is no longer compatible with Windows 10 64-bits, and it is no longer being updated..  If you use it for your throttle, that may explain the incompatibility.  Use the normal DirectX connection and/or FSUIPC for your Pro Throttle.  I had issues getting CM to work for any length of time after one of the Windows updates and have moved on to other controller options.  It doesn't explain why you don't have problems using FS 2004, though, so my post may just be a red herring.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

BF Bullpup...Appreciate your input.  Have the CH Control Manager 4.55a but only use it to calibrate the CH products installed -Yoke, pedals, throttle quadrant and F16 joystick..  These CH Products are Plug and Play hardware so no update drivers are required in any version of Windows as I understand it.  They have and are performing well in both FS9 and FSX.  The only issue in FSX is with calibrating the throttles in the quadrant - only the throttles not the propellers or conditioner levers.  Have FSUIPC installed, both versions for FS9 and FSX, but only use it to provide the interfaces of FlightSim Commander with them, do not use it for calibrations.

My other questions was about replacing the Beechcraft aircraft file in FSX with the one in FS9. The FS9 Beechcraft BK350 main panel display is more functional and better than FSX, add to that the the Eyepoint move down (shift+backspace) and Eyepoint move up (shift + enter) does not works as well in FSX as in FS9 . Have not had the time to check the rest of the simulation commands to see what is different in FSX from FS9.

Again, this maybe a local configuration issue.  Will keep trying and appreciate all the help in can get because I want again to be able make FSX functionality to work as it was in Windows 8 and add more aircraft. BTW running FSX in administrator and compatibility mode.

Edited by jgar
Added text.

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Have you tried setting the conditioning levers down towards fuel cutoff which is the low idle setting?

KingAir.JPG

Thanks for your suggestion.  I set the conditioner levers at low idle after engine start.  Anything below that will cut the fuel supply but will give it a try and see.  The problem seems to be the throttle levers.  At idle the taxi speed is not constant and at "ground fine" there is no taxi speed at all. To get any speed have to go to idle speed which in turn repeats the cycle of over speeding.

Will keep trying, just wondering if I am the only one with this issue.

Regards,

Jesse

jgar, have you tried calibrating the throttle through Windows?  Type USB controllers in the lower left search to get "Set up USB game controllers."  Select it - it is the same Windows calibration setting FSX uses.  Check if your propeller and mixture quadrants are recognized and can be calibrated.  If not, there is a strong possibility you have physical damage in your controller that is unrelated to FSX or FSUIPC.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

17 hours ago, jgar said:

Thanks, was wondering if anyone has tried this before.  Trying to get FSX to work correctly in Windows 10 and have been using the BK350 as a set up default flight.  Everything works fine except that the throttle cannot just be calibrated correctly and taxing is a nightmare.  No problems in FS2004 with the BK350 or the CH Products controllers, Yoke, pedals, throttle quadrant and F16 joysitck. .  Will look for a BK350 to downloand and see how it goes.

Again thanks for your prompt response.

My configuration is:  W10 Pro, 64 bits, x64 processor, Intel Core i7-7700K Cpu  420GHz, 16GB DDR4, GTX1060 and over 1TB of HD, 4 Displays.

regards,

Jesse

6 hours ago, BF Bullpup said:

jgar, have you tried calibrating the throttle through Windows?  Type USB controllers in the lower left search to get "Set up USB game controllers."  Select it - it is the same Windows calibration setting FSX uses.  Check if your propeller and mixture quadrants are recognized and can be calibrated.  If not, there is a strong possibility you have physical damage in your controller that is unrelated to FSX or FSUIPC.

Again thanks for your input.  "Calibration via the Windows calibration applet is not supported/".

Windows 10 message directs to "calibrate the CH USB Controllers using the the Control Manager calibration facility."   This is how always calibrated them.

My next step will be to contact costumer support at CH and see if there is a way to test the quadrant.  Have been using for a long, long time so it may need replacement although it appears to work fine in FS9 and for the everything else in FSX except the throttle levers.

Appreciate your assistance,

Jesse

jgar, turn the controller off in the CH Control Manager and then use Windows 10's USB controller utility.  I think you had it turned on and the CM overruled Windows' controller manager.  Unfortunately the CH Hangar closed shop after 15 years last October so you will need to ask the CH company if you still have no joy.

Thanks again for your interest and support in trying to assist me to resolve this issue,

Contacted APEM, Inc, www.chproducts,com, and they also advise to remove the Control Manager as it is not Windows 10 compatible.  Nonetheless I have used it since 2005, and since upgrading to Windows 10, without any issues until reinstalling FSX in W10.  The CH Quadrant controller, and only the throttles levers, has been one of the issue that I had to resolve to get FSX to work at all in W10.

Agree with your assumption that the control manager maybe taking precedence over the W10 USB controller utility. Think I have found a workaround without having to remove the CH Control Manager since it has no issue with any other controllers in FSX.  What I have done is to calibrate the throttle quadrant while in the FSX settiings.  While the calibration instructions given cannot be fully performed, i.e., the levers cannot be "rotated" without damaging them, have done enough calibration to make the throttle levers work a little better, the RPMs do not fluctuate wildly as before.

Trying to get ahead of this because I am considering in getting the Prepare3D/V4. Hoping that APEM comes out with an update version of the Control Manager that is W10 compatible since these controllers are very reliable and rugged enough to last me the last 14 years.

Appreciate your assistance,

Jesse

Edited by jgar

You're welcome Jesese.  You may find the original post for this link informative.  I feel like CH are more interested in selling their hardware than in making their software compatible at the moment.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33059-users-of-ch-products-gear-with-control-manager-software-be-advised/

I'm glad the throttles are working somewhat normally now.  14 years... wow!  I have owned CH Product controllers for a few years now and I look forward to many more years of reliable usage.