Sign in to follow this  
idude

Freemeshx-USA

I just downloaded over 50GB of freemeshx-usa and I wanted to compare so I took the c172 to Yosemite Park from O68 airfield.  I took a few screenshots then did the same without freemeshx-usa and didn't notice any difference.  Am I missing something?  I mean over 50GB it's a lot for little or no im provement.

Edited by idude

@idude

Results will vary depending on the terrain. The USA mesh is LOD12 which has 16X the data density than the stock mesh, so the improvements should definitely show in rocky terrain. If you can't spot any differences whatsoever, then it may not be properly enabled in the Scenery Library, a problem as old as time itself.

Here's an older video I took of some part of the Rockies in 2017 when I was testing results.

https://gfycat.com/SnoopyShockingAbyssiniancat

Massive difference when I installed the latest USA Beta version today.

VERY impressed.