Sign in to follow this  
Manschy

Payload Manager X: Two minor issues....

Hi and thank you for this outstanding freeware programme "Payload Manager X".

I installed it and it runs fine. But I have two minor issues with PMX:

1. When I attached an object (for example a bomb), I can't release it with Shift+D for "droppable objects". If I push the key, nothing happens.

2. With some aircraft (for example the WILCO HARRIER) I got an error warning "untreated exception in the application". Is this because there are no default loading stations applied to the Harrier maybe?

1. There seems to be a bug on the ModelFinder. If you select a model with a doubleclick it is "non-droppable". If you use single click and the "Submit" key, it is. So you should remove the model from the dropdown list, then add it again, using the button instead of a doubleclick
    Please note that you cannot drop P3D "native" weapons. They explode the very instant you release them. Using weapons in only possible in the ProfessionalPlus version of P3D.
  2. Sorry, no idea, I don't have that aircraft. If it doesn't have payload stations, just create one (Add Row) then (Apply). AS soon as it is saved you should be able to attach objects.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thank you for quick reply, Oliver.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work to drop objects.

Regarding the Harrier's payload stations: Other aircraft which I load list automatically some stations, the Harrier doesn't. I did several experiences with Add Row but once I click Apply I get this error message.

Never mind, this programme is fantastic anyway.

57 minutes ago, Manschy said:

Thank you for quick reply, Oliver.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work to drop objects.

Regarding the Harrier's payload stations: Other aircraft which I load list automatically some stations, the Harrier doesn't. I did several experiences with Add Row but once I click Apply I get this error message.

Never mind, this programme is fantastic anyway.

Hi,

can you drop the sky divers? Just to make sure that you can drop anything at all and the event is not being blocked somehow. Just to be clear: you must remove every trace of that object from PMX. If it is attached to the current aircraft, delete it. Then remove it from the dropdown list at the bottom, using the button underneath. Then close PMX. Reopen it, and use the ModelFinder to add the object back to the selection list - and make sure that you don't doubleclick it on the ModelFinder. I went through this in the afternoon and it worked fine.

I would need more details about what the error message says (there is a "details" button on that message window) I suppose that there are parts missing in the aircraft.cfg that should be there. Is that a converted FS9 model by any chance? Those often have problematic/invalid parameters. Does it check out in the the P3D content error log? You can send the exception stack trace and maybe the aircraft.cfg to me via email, the address is on the last page of the manual.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver, I am so glad that you get back to this. I will do some more experiments tomorrow.

Indeed I have no idea how to get the Shift+d command to run. I try to change the key options and Shift+d worked fine when I used it as Engine start assignment. No problems at all. So in my case, there is a problem between my sim and PMX settings.

Regarding the error message: The Wilco Harrier is a native FSX model that works fine in P3Dv4. I checked several aircraft which were also FSX natives, but ALL except for the Harrier attach the stuff without any problems. So I fear there is an issue with the Harrier itself.

But thank you very much for effort.

Edited by Manschy

43 minutes ago, Manschy said:

the Shift+d command

There is no "Shift D" command. This is just the default assignment to trigger the simulator event "release droppable objects". Go to the controls assignment dialog in the sim and check what keyboard combination is assigned to this event. If you were using Shift & D for something else, then there is either no keyboard combo assigned to the event at all, or something different from Shift&D - you cannot assign the same keys to two different events, not in the sim anyway.

What PMX expects from you is to trigger the "release droppable objects" event. What keys you use to do that is irrelevant.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Yes, I understand, but the default event on my keyboard is Shift+D = release droppable objects. That's where I am stuck...

I have the same issue shift-d doesn't work. I will look into more deeply when I get the chance using Lorby's suggestions above. Shift-d is definitely mapped to release droppable objects.

Thanks for the great ideas though!

Hello @ll,

please try to drop the sky divers, to see if your issue is related to the event itself or to the bug in PMX where objects that you select as attachments are marked as "non-droppable". Which happens when you use a doubleclick on the model finder dialog instead of the "Submit" button. Also, try bulk drop mode too and assign a different keyboard combo or joystick button to that event (= different from Shift&D).

If the sky divers work, then please remove all objects from the dropdown list on the main dialog lower left, then add them again with the model finde, but use ONLY the "Submit" button - do not doubleclick anything. I will upload a new version where this is fixed later today.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

13 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

please try to drop the sky divers, to see if your issue is related to the event itself or to the bug in PMX where objects that you select as attachments are marked as "non-droppable". Which happens when you use a doubleclick on the model finder dialog instead of the "Submit" button. Also, try bulk drop mode too and assign a different keyboard combo or joystick button to that event (= different from Shift&D).

If the sky divers work, then please remove all objects from the dropdown list on the main dialog lower left, then add them again with the model finde, but use ONLY the "Submit" button - do not doubleclick anything. I will upload a new version where this is fixed later today.

Best regards

Thanks Lorby worked perfectly I did exactly what you said deleted my droppable objects then added them with submit. Then droppable objects were released with shift-d. I had four sky divers released one by one then I followed them.

Awesome thanks.